--Chapter Thirty-Four--

Zane's POV

What on earth is she talking about?!

"I have no idea what you are talking about!" I exclaim, and I am telling the truth.

"Just stop lying!" I can almost see angry sparks in her eyes.

I let out a long exasperated sigh, "Are you feeling fearful?"

"What? No! Stop avoiding the question!" If she had been able to, I'm guessing she would've stomped her foot in anger. The mental image amuses me, and I force down a smile.

"I'm not! What exactly are you feeling that you think I did to you?" I ask, closing my eyes and rubbing my forehead.

She seems extremely embarrassed. Then she shakes her head angrily, "I--I can't stop thinking about you. Now take whatever you did away."

If I was drinking something, let's just say I would have spit it out. Seriously.

Instead, I am left with my eyebrows raised, blinking. "What?" I manage to get out.

"You heard me! Take it out!" She glares at me.

I shake my head, disbelieving, "I didn't do anything." And then I turn and start leaving the room.

"Take it out!" She yells after me, but I keep walking, utterly confused.

I close the door after I exit the room and return to my desk to examine the liquid fear and anger. But my own emotions don't let me focus.

She can't stop thinking about me? Does that mean she likes me?

But that's not the worst part. The worst part is that I might feel the same way.

I continue attempting to study the liquid, still shocked by Kaira's revelation--however roundabout.

Images of her face and her words continue popping into my head until I'm worked up so that I can't focus even more. Great.

Happy Monday!

Zane's POV: Evara