--Chapter Twenty--

Zane's POV

Almost as soon as I get her arm unhooked, she swings a fist at me.

I jerk back a step, avoiding it, "Couldn't even wait?" I mutter. If she had waited until I had unhooked the rest of the straps, she would have had a distinctly better chance at escaping.

"I don't want to be an experiment!" she yells angrily.

The feeling of pity comes up again. Quickly, I shove it away, "Well, that's too bad."

I see pain and fear in her eyes, and I feel like comforting her. What on earth? Why do I keep thinking things like this? It's extremely annoying and frustrating.

Stepping forward, I roughly grab her free arm, angry both at my feelings and her actions. "Just do this the easy way," I order her harshly.

She glares spitefully at me. "I will never stop fighting," she spits out.

I groan internally. My job just got that much harder. "I will not hesitate to act drastically," I snap, not even trying to be remotely nice anymore, "Understand?"

She seems to accept it, allowing me to unstrap her other arm, legs, and forehead. The instant she is completely free, she bolts off the bed. I roll my eyes and start to back up with the bed. She follows, obviously waiting for an opportunity to escape.

"Back up," I order. I am completely fed up with her. Completely. At the slightest sign of rebellion from her I will go to drastic measures.

I find myself clenching the metal handles of the bed, waiting for her to move. But she doesn't do anything.

I release the bed, working my jaw. I go around the other side to face her, "You really want to get into this?" I get into a fighting stance, fists raised.

I see fear come into her eyes as she raises her fists as well. This is pointless. The victor will obviously be me. She is tiny.

I wait for her to make the first move. It comes soon as she jumps forward, swinging a fist.

Easily I catch her fist and jerk it--along with her whole body-- to the left, releasing then. I don't account for her tininess and she goes straight into the glass wall. Still angry, I growl, "You chose the hard way."

Turning, I walk out of the room, taking the bed with me. I've had enough from her. But I'm supposed to watch her now. So I am stuck here. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I move the bed against the wall, and then lean against the wall myself.

I should be finding, discovering, exploring. Instead I'm babysitting. Stupid.

I have an idea, and pull out a walkie-talkie, issuing out a quick order.

In several minutes, three scientists come in with a tablespoon of the liquid emotion that we had extracted successfully. Other things on the table include a notepad, pen, and a few other tools. Now I can do my research here. Do something profitable at least while watching her.

Thanks for reading!

Zane's POV: Evara