--Chapter Twelve--

Zane's POV

Blast it. I clench my teeth angrily as I see her go unconscious.

"Open the door." I snarl. The scientist at the control panel scrambles to open it, clearly kind of scared. I have a bad reputation from when I get angry. This is one of those circumstances.

He opens it, and Kate walks out, looking serious. For once. When she sees me, a small smile starts up on her face. Seriously.

I turn around to look at all of the other scientists, "Get her something to stop the seizure." I snap. When they all hesitate, I sigh deeply, "5ml of Derangon."

They all scurry off, and I really hope they all don't come back with it. I. just. need. one. person. to. get. it. I feel like punching the nearest person. Which none of them are very close, but I can still manage.

Trying to calm myself, I look around, and find myself looking at Kaira. Surprisingly, I find myself calmed by her. Her shiny brown hair is splayed out underneath her, and I can imagine that her eyes are also very beautiful.

Wait. What am I doing? She is a test subject, no more. Switch your thoughts. Now.

Finally, a scientist comes in with a syringe of Derangon.

"Sir, I figured it would need to be in syringe form since she is unconscious." he is talking fast, obviously worried I am going to get angry at him. Which I am now since he is stating the blindingly obvious.

"Give it to me." I order him, sticking my hand out for it. He hands it over quickly and goes to the control panel, opening the door. Finally, he thinks for himself.

I walk in quickly and grab her arm. I've injected millions of syringes before, so I have no difficulty finding a vein and injecting the fluid.

Once it's in the vein, it works quickly, and soon her expression relaxes and she's sleeping peacefully.

I force myself not to think about how beautiful she looks as I turn and walk stiffly out.

"Tell me when she wakes." I order the scientist, walking by him into the hallway, "We start as soon as possible."

I'm guessing he did not expect to be put on watching Kaira duty, and I smirk as I walk away.

I go back to the lab, getting to work immediately. I need to find out what caused the seizure and also figure out how to counter it.

This should be easy, but images of Kaira keep slipping into my brain, making me frustrated so that I can't focus.

Why on earth am I feeling like this?

Oh ho ho! Is this a new development? >:) ;) XD lol

Anyway, thank you for reading this story! We appreciate it, and would love feedback as well! :)

Zane's POV-- Evara