--Chapter Ninety-One--

Kaira's POV

"What?" I ask in astonishment.

"You heard me," Zane says with a sly smile on his face.

"I-I don't know what to say," I am absolutely speechless.

"Say yes," his grin widens if at all possible.

"You want to marry me?" I clarify, almost in a daze.

Zane cups my cheek in his hand and chuckles, "Kaira, I love you with all of my heart. You are the sweetest, most beautiful woman I have ever met and you have completely and utterly stolen my heart. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to make you happy. Will you marry me?"

By the time he is done speaking, tears of joy are falling down my face. I can barely speak, so overwhelmed. But for some reason, I can't help but say, "You want me even though I'm scarred?" I ask this with utmost seriousness. I am scarred inside and out and he needs to be prepared to deal with that.

"Of course!" He kisses me once before continuing, "You are perfect just the way you are and I want every part of you." Zane's smile is so loving that I can't help but trace my thumb across his lips. He takes my fingers in his hand and gently kisses each one while keeping his eyes on me.

"So, what do you say?"

"Yes... yes, of course! I love you so much!" I answer him. He does care for me. Every doubt that was left in my mind has vanished.

He embraces me tighter, but I can tell he is still being cautious not to hurt me. Then he kisses me again, lovingly. I feel absolutely contented and... at peace.

After everything that has happened, all the pain and suffering, the ending is so much better than I would have imagined. And even though I lost people along the way, Zane is here with me now. I am happy and I am healing. Deep down, I know that if my father were here, he would be happy too. He would be glad to know that I will heal.

I will always have scars, but with time, they will fade along with everything else. The horrible memories, the pain, the loss. Life will continue on and I can still grow with a bright future in my way.