--Chapter Ninety--

Zane's POV

I smile back at Kaira, glad she is happy even though I can tell she is still exhausted. She's been through a lot, I reflect sadly.

I kneel down beside the couch, and taking the wet rag, begin to clean her face from all the dried blood. I work as gently as I can, not wanting to hurt her anymore.

I finish, and am about to put the rag back into the bowl of water when Kaira grabs it from me, "Your turn." she smiles, and starts to try and clean the cut on my face.

"Kaira, it's fine," I say, "You just need to rest."

"No," she says stubbornly, concentrating, "You need this to be cleaned now."

I roll my eyes, but let her finish, taking the rag away from her once she is done. Plunking it in the water, I move the bowl to a nearby table.

I look into Kaira's beautiful brown eyes and smile, happy to be here.

She smiles back, and I feel gravity pulling us together until our lips press together.

I move my hand up, holding the back of her neck and never wanting to let go.

After a moment, we break the kiss, and I grin, "No hiccups this time?"

She swats me, but her face splits into a grin, "Nope. Not this time either."

She leans up, kissing me again, and I gladly kiss her back. Contentment settles over me. I belong here. With her.

We break the kiss, but remain close to each other, touching noses.

"I love you," I whisper, perfectly happy.

"And I love you too," she smiles, looking deep in my eyes.

A crazy idea pops into my head and I grin, listening to it.

"Kaira," my heart beats faster, "will you marry me?"