--Chapter Sixty-Four--

Zane's POV:

I scan my ID card, opening the door to the lab.

Walking in, I pick up my discarded lab coat and put it on again.

Before I can even take two more steps, someone comes down the hallway, "Zane, there you are."

I don't really know if I'm supposed to say anything to that, so I don't.

But the girl expounds, continuing, "What did you do with Johnson?"

After a moment's blank, I remember who he was. The man who tried to help Kaira escape. We put him in a prison after a pretty brutal whipping, if I remember correctly.

"Why?" I ask, wondering why she would want to know.

"We have another traitor who tried to help the prisoner escape." She explains.

I already have a feeling who, but I still ask, "Who?"

"The doc, Max," She shakes her head, looking almost disappointed, "I don't know what got into him, honestly."

I refrain from saying anything, and say, "We put him in prison." I leave out the whipping part, having no desire for cruelty.

"That's it?" The girl blurts out, looking slightly confused.

"Prison for life? That's not enough?" I give a small chuckle. The girl looks about seventeen, so she is obviously a trainee. So, she would believe whatever I tell her, really.

"No, sir. I mean, yes." She corrects herself quickly, "It is enough." She turns and leaves, most likely headed for Kaira, Max, and Drake's cells.

I watch her go for a moment before striding purposefully towards my personal lab. There are some things I could make that just may be helpful for this strange and crazy plan I have.

Zane's POV: Evara