--Chapter Forty-Six--

Zane's POV

I smile as I sit down at a desk loaded with papers, bottles, and even a human brain. It's good to get back to work.

Several of the bottles are full, and labeled with words and numbers. Our experiment with Kaira had gone well, and now production is starting in full.

At my suggestion, they have opened a new room, designated for holding the bottled emotions under lock and key. We may be working for the government, but if the general public knew what we were doing, panic would ensue.

I take a stack of papers and begin looking through them, seeing what research the scientists have been doing. One of the papers has a list of which emotions have been harvested, and I look at that one, reading the list.

Fear and anger; love; fear; anger.

The list goes on, listing a few more emotions, and then it ends.

"Short list," I murmur to myself, although really it's not a surprise. We just found out how to extract them. Moving on. The next paper is the list of people and their reactions to the either taking of the emotion or injecting of the emotion. A few of the reactions included seizures, and I see Kaira's name in there. I look at it for a few seconds. Should her name be triggering something? But nothing inside of me reacts, so I move on.

After looking at a few more papers, I set the stack aside, and move on to look at the bottled emotions.

Each bottle looks like it contains a different liquid, and I start looking for the similarities or differences between them.

As I study them, I can vaguely detect a trace of color in each of them. Very watered down color, but it's still there. I quickly open a bottle and pour a small amount into a open container to stick under the microscope.

Sure enough, there's a color. It's very faint, just a hint in the clear brain fluid. The color I detect is green, although I could be wrong. It's hard to tell.

I write it down next to the label of the emotion, and move on to the next emotion.

Happy Wednesday! Hope you all are having as great of a day as Zane is! hehheh....

Zane's POV: Evara