--Chapter Seventy-Two--

Zane's POV

I wince as the blow connects to my face. Honestly, what is wrong with this guy? Well, I guess I know what, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

"Do you want to get out of here or not?" I am almost to the point of yelling by now.

"Without your help." His voice is full of contempt.

"Daddy, please!" Kaira sounds frantic from her cell.

I jerk to the side, avoiding another punch from him. Normally, I'd take him out. Just like that. But I'm trying to make it up to Kaira, not make it worse.

I leap to my feet, and Drake jumps to his feet as well, glaring at me.

Nervously, I glance out the hallway. The smoke is dying down already. Which means we don't have much time.

Drake wildly swings a fist at me. This is it.

I catch it easily, and twist it behind his back enough to restrain him.

"Listen to me, you stubborn pig," I growl. While I do have restrictions on hurting Drake, there's none on insulting him. "I am here to fix the wrong I've made." My tone is low and dangerous, "If you can't forgive me, fine. But at least work with me for your daughter's sake."

I let him go, shoving him away. I watch him carefully, seeing what he will do next.

"I don't trust you, boy," His tone is still full of contempt, "And if you try to cross us, I will kill you."

Really, I doubt he could. But I am sure that he would try.

I half-turn away from Drake, enough to unlock Kaira's cell but still keep an eye on Drake. I don't trust him at all. And from what I know of him, the feeling is mutual.