0.38 r|l

Dedicated to XDancingTillFlamesX  for being a lovely reader! Thank you sweets 😊

---

j e n n i f e r

SHE HAD TEN minutes.

Jennifer quickly rushed to the bathroom to fix her hair and wash her face, just to look presentable for Sebastian.

She had spent longer than expected in the mirror, just staring at her stomach. She poked at it in disgust, wishing it could be gone. There was just too much of it, she hated how fat she was. She tucked it in as best as she could, making a mental note to cut down on meals the next day.

She slipped on a pair of grey sweatpants and a sweater before sitting cross legged on her bed, and checking the clock for the millionth time.

The chime startled her, even though she was sat waiting for it.

Jennifer froze, her heart beating nervously as she quickly accepted the call.

Suddenly Sebastian's face appeared on the screen, his expression almost desperate and nervous.

"Hi." She breathed, taking in his features. His eyes darted slightly, as if he was examining her, and a huge smile grew on his face.

"Hey," He replied softly, Jen's heart fluttering at his husky voice.

The two sat in a comfortable silence, just staring. It was the first time she had seen him since the whole phone swap. Somehow this Sebastian seemed different to the one she thought she knew.

The man on the other end of the line was looking at her, as if she was all that he cared about.

"You okay?" Jennifer asked, noticing his gaze.

He blinked, his smile turning into a beam and he nodded.

"Yeah, I just forgot how beautiful you were." He spoke smoothly, and Jennifer felt her cheeks turn a deep shade of red.

She swallowed the harsh lump in her throat, her lips threatening to pull up into a smile.

"I could say the same to you." She whispered, her voice hushed due to risky comment.

His eyes glistened, his face lighting up.

He coughed, a look of disbelief on his face.

"Hey, so I'm coming back in a couple of days." He changed the subject, making Jen's heart drop a little.

"That's good. I hope you haven't broken my phone." She laughed lightly, followed by a chuckle of his own.

"Ha, about that." He bit his lip, the small action just lifting her heart a little.

"I may have cracked it? But it's fixed now. I got the screen replaced." Sebastian spoke in a nervous rush, making Jennifer chuckle.

"That's good then, just don't damage it any more, else I'll stop talking to you forever." She threatened, her face serious.

She held back a giggle as Sebastian's face fell, and he ran a hand through his hair.

Jennifer suddenly burst out laughing, his scared expression just getting to her. A wave of confusion crossed his face, before it was replaced by an embarrassed laugh.

"God Jennifer, you scared me."

Something about the way he said her name so effortlessly, made Jennifer's heart palpitate. Her breath got caught in her throat, her smile growing impossibly large for her cheeks.

She liked it.

She liked it so much.

---

squEE