0.74 r|l

j e n n i f e r

BRICK BY BRICK, Jennifer's walls came tumbling down. As she ran away from her phone, the tears in her eyes turned her halls into a blur of yellows and greys.

She slammed into the bathroom door, she didn't care how much noise she was making. It felt like a blow to the gut, and he wasn't even hers.

The sobs punched through, rippling through her muscles, bones, her stomach aching. She pushed her forehead against the door, and began to let her heart yank in and out of her chest.

It pulled back like a yo yo, over and over.
There was raw, hollowness to it, like the pain was an open wound.

All this time, he's been with Leighton. Lucas was right.

She clasped onto the sides of the sink, trying to support her weak and shaking knees.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," She paced, punching the air, her eyesight a blur from the tears.

Jennifer caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, and more tears sprung to her eyes.

Her hair had fallen from it's ponytail, and the mascara was running in black rivers down her cheeks.

She gripped the sink tighter, staring at her disgruntled reflection in disgust.

As she looked closer, she noticed the red rims of her puffy eyes, and the rosy splotches that grew upon her pale skin. Her eyes drifted to her body, her ribs poking out from under her shirt and her arms thin and freckly.

"Fucking ugly," She scolded herself, biting down her lip to suppress the anger.

"Look at you," She grumbled, her hand resting on the mirror.

"You're a fucking mess-" Her angered voice broke into a whine, her arms going limp.

She stood hopelessly in her bathroom, trying to quieten her sobs.

She didn't know why she ever thought she stood a chance.

She was never going to be good enough for Sebastian. It was inevitable.

---

Whoops
[if you know why people aren't able to comment on my chapters, please message me so I can sort it]