0.94 r|l

s e b a s t i a n

"LADIES FIRST." Jennifer laughed, holding the door open for her boyfriend. Sebastian scoffed, but curtsied into the restaurant garden area, Jen following close behind.

Sebastian reached to lock his fingers with hers, sending her a smile as they were guided to their booked table.

"This is hella fancy." She mumbled, making Sebastian laugh. He didn't come to this place often, but when he did he always loved his visit.

The round tables were fitted with a cream linen cloth, several wine flutes and wooden appliances. The garden seats were always sweeter than the main body of the restaurant, hence why Sebastian booked differently.

The small afternoon breeze whipped at his arms, sending shivers down his spine. However he wasn't sure if it was the wind or the sight of Jennifer that made his body whirl.

The sun had hit her in just the perfect position; her hair was tucked messily behind her ear and under her hat, and her shawl was draped carelessly, but she looked amazing with her round sunglasses and her pearly white teeth.

Sebastian quickly got his phone from his pocket, catching Jennifer's attention.

"Smile," He sang and snapped a picture of her as she posed.

"Caught off guard." She scoffed with a giggle, but he just wiggled his eyebrows in return.

"That's going on Instagram," He smirked at Jennifer, who's eyes widened at his remark.

"Good afternoon, are you ready to order?" Sebastian looked up at the waiter, sending him a small smile as he proceeded.

"Uh, the cheese pizza please," Sebastian spoke up first, just picking the first thing he'd seen on the menu, as he wasn't really paying attention.

"Of course," The waiter scribbled his order on his notepad.
"And for the lady?"

"I'll just have a glass of water, please," Jennifer spoke quietly, keeping her eyes down to the table.

The waiter paused, but regained his demeanour and smiled at her.

"Is that all, Miss?"

Jennifer swallowed, nodding her head.

"Yes, thank you." She forced herself to look up to the waiter and smile, to which he nodded.

"Your food will be out soon." He mumbled before walking off, leaving the table in an awkward silence.

Sebastian kept quiet, eyeing Jen carefully.

He reached for her hand, grasping it and rubbing the back of her palm with his thumb.

"Jen are you oka-"

"I'm just not hungry." She interrupted harshly, instantly regretting it.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes, sitting back slightly.

"If there's anything you want to talk about, I'm always here, Jen." He smiled warmly at her, and she returned it.

"I know."

Jennifer raised her empty glass.

"To being 28." She stated proudly, but Sebastian scoffed.

"I was 28 ages ago. So overrated."

Jennifer crossed her arms.

"What do you propose we drink to, then, Mister I'm-So-Friggin-Ancient?"

Sebastian chuckled deeply, before raising a full glass of his own, and tapping it against Jennifer's.

He smiled.

"To Sebifer."

---

water oh