0.42 r|l

j e n n i f e r

SHE GNAWED at her lip as her glassy eyes read the comments.

She didn't reply, she was disappointed in Sebastian for forgetting. He caused it, but she knew he didn't mean to.

Her eyes just seemed to read the last comment again and again, just reminding herself of the mess she's made.

He's probably fucking his little whore.

She's a home wrecking slut.

She dropped the phone onto her bed, her head falling into her hands as she curled up in a ball.

She was an inconvenience. She was just putting a bad image on Sebastian.

She hated it. She hated it so much.

She hated the press, the judgements. She hated how the one thing she's tried to do right has gone terribly wrong.

Jennifer felt a stream of tears run down her face and onto her pillow, and she pulled the covers up around her.

She let out a soft whimper, squeezing her eyes shut.

Her phone suddenly started to ring, making her jump. She held her breath as she glanced at the caller ID, her heart clenching as she saw Sebastian's nickname on the screen.

She took a moment to collect herself before accepting the call, and placing it to her ear.

"Jen?" Sebastian's voice was desperate, worried. Jennifer chomped down on her lip in an attempt to suppress her tears, but it was becoming harder by the second.

"Jen? You there?"

Jennifer sniffled, letting out a small whimper as she did so. She heard Sebastian gasp on the other end of the line.

"Jen, are you okay? What's happened?"

She continued to cry, not able to put together a sentence without stuttering.

"Y-you promised n-nothing would h-happen." She wriggled deeper into her pillow, squeezing her eyes shut.

Sebastian took a deep breath.
"Those people have nothing on you, Jenny."

Jennifer's eyes swelled as she let her tears fall like a cascade, mumbling apologies as she sobbed.

"What are you sorry for? You haven't done anything?" His voice was soft, and comforting. She somehow found some reassurance from the man miles away.

"Jennifer, listen to me."

She sniffled again, this time forcing her cries to hush.

"You are an amazing person, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, okay?"

He hummed, a small smile growing on her face at his compliment. She took a deep breath, but he spoke again.

"Don't you dare listen to those fucking magazines and commenters, because they don't know shit." 

Jennifer nodded her head, even though he couldn't see it. She wrapped her arms around herself, her grip tightening on the phone.

"T-thank y-you, S-Seb." She blurted, her weak voice breaking into a whine as another tear escaped.

Sebastian huffed, and cursed.

"For gods sake, I really want to hug you right now."

Jennifer chuckled lightly, turning to look at her calendar.

"How many more days?" She mumbled, trying to distract herself from her excitement.

"One." He replied immediately, he didn't need to think about it.

"Only one, and then I can hug you for real."

Jennifer smiled.

One more day.

---

I'm okay, I'm fINE