✨WINNING ONESHOT✨

Early Morning by cherry_pineapples

WAITING for the kettle to boil, Jennifer sat on a stool in the kitchen. A delicate hand drew her hair back behind her ear, making room for the rare beams of British sun to illuminate her features.

The clacking of nails on a tiled floor announced Bella's arrival, reminding Jen that both she and the skittering pup were in need of a manicure.

With a sigh, Jen pulled her golden hair back into a long, sleek pony tail that danced down her back. She loved how her slender fingers could ease through her soft strands, which would flutter gently in the breezes, and detangle them momentarily.

She peered into her mug, looking at the powdery substances all tipped in, in their own sections at the bottom. For some reason, the smaller grains of coffee -as always- fell on her mass of coffee-mate and powdered sweetener; it reminded Jen of the point between spring and winter where the layer of snow began melting, allowing the soil underneath to peek out again.

A small click sounded, signifying that the water had reached boiling point. The fingers on her left hand curled around the handle and she rose the kettle.

Jen brought it forward, towards her, she only stopped hovering it when it was aligned with her mug. Then she allowed it to rest on the rim, the piping hot steam flowing up while the water trickled down.

She returned the kettle, hearing another click when it slotted back onto its stand. Jen plucked the small spoon off the side, stirred her coffee and tapped the utensil on the edge twice before lowering it down into the bowl of soapy water in the sink.

Jennifer lifted her petite frame from the stool, padding lightly to open the door that led to the garden. Bella trotted past, ears forward, her nose twitching with the overwhelming amount of early morning scents that sent her off into the dew-laden grass.

This was a part of her routine; she would do this every morning. Jen loved waking up early, though, making sure not to wake her husband in the process. She would wrap herself in her dressing gown and take a mug of coffee outside while the fresh air enveloped her and Bella.

Slowly, Jennifer blinked, taking in the breathtaking chill that seemed to fold around her like a scarf, targeting any part of her that was exposed. As shocking as it was to her system, Jen welcomed the creeping cold. It was something that she'd dreamt of doing her whole life.

By the time Sebastian woke up and had made his way to the garden, Jen had watched the sun rise and watched Bella disappear back into the house -most likely to take a nap.

Their dressing gowns didn't match, yet stood together in them, you could see that Seb and Jen were the perfect match. They were the couple everyone fell for completely.

He was stood at her side, relaxed, then brought his mug to his lips and sipped at the velvety drink. Neither of them spoke; neither of the two needed to. The silence wasn't awkward, but was a chance both took to just be calm and enjoy what they had.

Jennifer leaned and put her -now empty- mug down on the little table. As she returned to her previously upright position, Seb's arm snaked around her waist and he pulled her closer. Jen cuddled into him, receiving a kiss pressed thoughtfully upon her forehead.

She held her breath, wishing she could freeze her world, yet she knew she would have these kinds of perfect moments for the rest of her life. She raised herself up higher onto her tiptoes, wobbling slightly, and placed her lips against his.

The earth seemed to stand still for them, making way for their love to reign.

He chuckled quietly to himself as his eyes wandered to something behind his wife. Sure enough, when Jennifer turned to look, there squatted Bella, urinating. The couple shared a laugh as Bella stood back up, before bounding around after her corkscrew tail.

Jen spun on her heel, back to face the man whose hands were resting on her small waist. She was slim, but not underweight. Despite her resentment toward her own appearance, she had been making an effort for him.

The man she would give anything for her. Seb loved her as she was, thought she was perfect. Jen often pondered on how Sebastian could love her when she all but loved herself.

She looked up at him, into his wide, bright, eyes and knew nothing would ever feel like home without him. He smiled, a warm smile, full of happiness, and his silk smooth voice let out a hushed,
"I love you Jennifer Jane Stan."

*wipes a tear* so beautiful
go check out cherry_pineapples's book of sebifer oneshots, they're adorableeeee💗