0.97 r|l

j e n n i f e r

JENNIFER'S LAUGH rang through the street as the two escaped into the open.

Sebastian's hand was laced with hers, therefore encouraged to follow closely behind her as she ran out into the empty street.

Jennifer's eyes darted between the lamp posts, each spilling a dim orange ring of light onto the cement below it.

"Hey?" Sebastian chirped from beside her, snaking his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to him.

She slowly paused, and turned to her boyfriend, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Hm?" She hummed, melting into his hold and gripping his jacket between her fingers.

He exhaled deeply, before reaching and gently tucking her blonde fringe behind her ear.

"We can't go home yet."

His hand lingered at her cheek, and Jennifer's heart palpitated loudly in her chest, as she digested his words.

"Why? I'm tired," She forced a yawn, making Sebastian chuckle.

"I have one more surprise." He smiled, and pulled her away before she could react.

---

"What's going on?" Jennifer whispered as she was guided towards the park entrance, but her voice died down as she caught a glimpse of little white lights from across the park.

She furrowed her eyebrows, turning back to Sebastian. He just wiggled his eyebrows at her, making her giggle slightly.

"Go see." He said softly, letting go of her hand gently, and gesturing towards the lights.

Jennifer nodded, and started to move towards the lights. Her body tickled in excitement as she approached, but the euphoria grew as she came to identify people under and around the illuminated area.

Scarlett, Susan and Robert were sat quietly on a bench, Anthony and Chris with Lizzie and Tom in one group around a pile of neatly wrapped boxes.

Jennifer stopped as she saw them all, her hand flying up to her mouth to catch her gasp.

"Happy birthday Jen!" They shouted in unison, making tears spring to her eyes and a happy squeal to escape her mouth.

"Oh my gosh,"
She looked around, taking it all in. There were white and red roses strewn across the benches, the white fairy lights that hung in the trees gave them a warm glow.

Jennifer's eyes her drawn the the pile of presents, stacked neatly in size order on the grass. She stared at it incredulously. She didn't deserve any of this.

She was suddenly tackled, thrown back in a hug. She instantly recognised the perfume of her best friend, who squealed and shrieked as much as she had done so.

"Jennifer Jane Parish, you are so old," Sarah pondered in her ear, gaining a scoff from Anthony.

"Ah c'mon she's younger than all of us." He argued, and all eyes seemed to turn to Tom, who was stood awkwardly in the centre.

He coughed.

"Shut up." He murmured playfully, shooting everyone the middle finger.

Suddenly Jennifer felt Sebastian arrive at her side, his arm curling around her like it had done before.

There were a few awws from the group, but Jennifer just laughed and enjoyed the cliche night in the park, with her friends and her boyfriend.

It really was the best birthday she could have ever asked for.

---

I can't write real life
It sucks horse ass