1.01 r|l

j e n n i f e r

SHE FELT HER HAND SUBCONSCIOUSLY TIGHTEN around Sebastian's as they entered the pub, her eyes nervously scanning for Leighton.

Soon her eyes fell on a beautiful brunette, her shining hair in a bun and her jewellery twinkling in the dim light. She was long legged and perfectly curved with a gleaming white smile and long, full lashes. Everything any man wanted.

Jennifer eyed her flat stomach in agony, her envy burning.

Sebastian guided her through the people towards the bar, but her mind was racing.

"Hey! Oh my gosh, Seb it's been so long!"
Jennifer cringed as Leighton shrieked, launching herself at Sebastian and completely dismissing her.

"Hey, Letty. Looking good,"

Jennifer's eyes instantly flicked to Sebastian, who looked rather happy with the reunion. She noticed Leighton's arm lingering around his waist, and her jealously burnt even hotter.

Jennifer cleared her throat, shuffling her feet awkwardly. Leighton whipped around, plastering a fake smile on her face as she acknowledged Jennifer.

"Hello, you must be Jen!" She hesitated before pulling Jennifer into a hug, her perfume suffocating the blonde as she hugged back awkwardly.

"It's nice to meet you-" Jen started, but was cut off by Leighton vigorously handing her a flute of champagne, the force sending the wine to splash over the sides.

"Oh, Jen, I hope you like champagne, I didn't know if you drank that sort of thing." She smirked into her glass, and Sebastian frowned, stepping up.

"What do you mean?" He asked, looking back at his girlfriend with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, it's not like she can afford it," Leighton shrugged, and took a sip of her wine.

Jennifer's eyes widened, and she felt her grip tighten around her glass.

"What?" Jennifer growled through gritted teeth, but she felt Sebastian's hand slip across the small of her back, putting her at ease slightly.

"Oh c'mon, don't be like that! Just because I state the facts doesn't mean I agree with them. How could someone as pretty and fit as you be poor, eh?" Leighton laughed, but her comment faltered.

Jennifer forced a smile, deciding to just brush her rudeness off. She held up her flute and the three of them tapped their glasses together, Sebastian gazing uneasily between the two women.

"To Mr and Mrs Stan!" Leighton announced, and Seb and Jen exchanged a strange glance, before laughing.

"Whatever." They both replied, and downed their champagne without a thought.

Leighton smirked into her glass, obviously tipsy mad from her "oh so expensive" champagne.

---

Jennifer Jane Stan, eh? Nahhh