1.15 r|l

s a r a h (IKR!?!?!)

THE BRUNETTE RELAXED AGAINST HER STOOL, her eyes trained to her best friend from across the room.

Jennifer was sat alone at a table, dimly lit by a small overhanging lamp, but Sarah could see her solemn expression even through the dark.

Sighing, she necked the last shot in her row, before slamming down her cards in defeat.

"I'm done, deal me out." She stated sternly, standing up from her stool.

Her sudden withdraw from the game made a few of the men raise their eyebrows and laugh mockingly.

"It's obviously hilarious." She muttered to herself as she slipped on her coat. She didn't care that they were laughing, instead Sarah pushed herself away from the bar, and through the crowd of people.

She approached Jennifer, and dropped onto the chair next to her with a laugh.

"You okay?" Sarah asked sweetly, catching Jennifer's eye. Her best friend sent her a small smile and a nod, but Sarah noticed that she was distracted.

She followed her line of sight, and found her to be watching a young woman who stood over at the bar.

Sarah frowned.

"Who's that?" She asked softly.

Jennifer just shrugged, not taking her eyes off of this woman. Sarah gently nudged her, but she didn't budge.

The two sat in silence, and Sarah's worry started to kick in as her eyes drifted to Jennifer's pale hands.

Her skin had no colour, her hands were completely white and cold, and it worried Sarah to death.

She had always known of Jennifer's disorder, but she had no clue how to help. It was hard to break her habits, but she was so unhealthily thin.

Sarah's eyes traveled then to Jennifer's face which was covered in blush and blue eyeshadow. Her heart lurched as she watched a small black tear run down Jennifer's face, but her best friend's eyes still followed the woman.

"She's so pretty." Jen's quiet voice wavered, sending Sarah into complete shock.
She quickly looked back at the woman, who was flirting with the bartender. She wore a short cocktail dress that hardly covered anything, and she was heightened a few inches by her large stilettos. Sarah didn't recognise her; she had never seen her before.

"Nope." Sarah rolled her eyes.
"She's a slag. Doesn't make her pretty."

Sarah gently grabbed Jennifer's shaking arm, her eyes widening as her best friend's cheeks were now stained with silent black tears.

"Jen, listen to me. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever known. Don't let your mind tell you any different, okay?" Sarah pulled Jennifer into a tight hug, her eyes starting to water from the insecurity of her friend.

"Can we go home now?" Jennifer mumbled into Sarah's hair, loosening her grip on her shoulders slightly.

Sarah nodded, and the two left the party with their heads held high.

---

Jen my love, I bless thee with thy Romanian waters