Mind Games (v.2.0)

"I'm sorry... did you just say... A theme park?!!" I repeated with great confusion as I picked myself up to back away a little.

WE LIVE MILES AWAY FROM A THEME PARK!!!

"Indeed! Doesn't it just sound thrilling?" Shiki jumped up, grabbing my hands with an excited blush.

"Uh... You like theme parks then?" I asked, feeling a little uncomfortable from the sudden contact.

"You could say that... ah hah...! They scare me half to death but I love the feeling of danger as wind shoots past your face while you cut through the air in ways one can only imagine! Ah! It sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it," Shiki told me with a shiver of excitement.

This has trap written all over it.

"And how do you plan to get to a theme park?! We live in a village!" I reminded him, scurrying back to create a more comfortable distance.

"I have my ways~ here, allow me to show you!" Shiki closed the distance.

I quickly pushed out my hand to stop his advances.

"Look, pal, I don't trust any of you student council members! So you can back off, alright?!" I warned him, standing my ground.

"Oh, I understand completely! Don't you worry! I know the devils have not been treating you kindly! Oh, you poor thing! When I think about how scared they must have made you, my body quivers to the thought!" he went on, clutching his body.

Wait... did he just say devils?! He revealed that they're devils to me so carelessly?! Why?! He does realise who he's talking to, right? I mean, even if they suspect that I already know, why would they reveal to me that they know that fact?! ... he can't be this careless, surely!

"But you don't need to worry about that with me, my poor darling. You can trust me. I'm not like the rest of the council. They are all liars!" Shiki claimed.

"Um... I'm sorry, did you just say... devils?" I mumbled, stepping back in an attempt to avoid confirming I was aware of devils.

If I reacted causally then it would be obvious I already knew they were devils, which would just make me look even more suspicious!

"Oh, don't worry! There's no need to hide around me~ I already know you're a blood demon. But unlike the rest of the council, I'm not gonna kill you for it. That would be so cruel! Truly, those devils commit such sin! But you don't need to worry! I shall protect you from those lowlifes!" Shiki went on as if the conversation still remained 'normal'.

Uh! Oh no...! So they even know that I'm a blood demon?! Do they know I'm working with the vampires?! Ahh, this is bad!! This is so very bad!!

"Uh... I don't know what you're talking about! What's all this stuff about devils and demons?!" I demanded to know, lying through my teeth.

Shiki's expression changed...

"Oh," he muttered, looking over to me with a still gaze.

"So you're a liar too?" his tone had deepened...

"Or... could it be you prefer them over poor me?" Shiki asked, slowly walking towards me again, hands in his trouser pockets as my eyes locked on his every movement.

I gulped as he leaned closer to my frozen body.

"...! I've tried to be nice...! But I won't let you just take me wherever you feel like, got it?! I'm not your pet!" I barked back.

"Why, the thought never even crossed my mind. Ooh~ But now I think of it, that would be rather exciting! Hehe. Oh, such a wonderful idea! You'd play nicely with me, wouldn't you? Or would you bite me like that little rat that refuses to die?" Shiki asked, referring to Loewen.