The Pain In My Chest (v.2.0)

Bored of this book? Or maybe you want to see more of my work? Well, look no further! Check out The Demons Of Shadow Moon! A thrilling tale of magic, demons and plot convenience! You'll love it! ^^ ⬆️

A while later, at school...

"Urie, for the last time, I am not falling for her!" Rem argued with Urie while Mage yawned at the table.

"Well then why on Earth are you taking so long to get the information from her?" Urie pointed out.

"I have information!" Rem barked.

"*yawn*! Morning, peasants~" Shiki opened both doors to the third library dramatically with an arrogant look that could challenge Mages!

"Nice of you to finally join us," Urie mentioned.

"Peasants?!" Mage growled, suddenly paying more attention.

"Well, since I'm making so much progress and none of you have made a dent, I thought I'd make it clear where you stand," Shiki smirked.

"Don't be so damn arrogant, creep. Have you killed her yet?!" Mage ordered to know.

"No...." Shiki's expression dropped with a pout.

"Then shut it!" he complained.

"Rem was just about the inform us of his progress, as a matter of fact," Urie informed him.

"Indeed. Maybe show up on time in future meetings, Shiki," Rem lectured.

"I was busy torturing my ears with your soundtrack, Rem," Shiki broke the fourth wall.

"Pahahaha!!" Mage burst out laughing.

"What?!" Rem questioned in disapproval.

"Anyway...! You were saying what information you've acquired," Urie urged not to diverge from the topic.

"Yeah, can we hurry this up? I wanna go check out those food stalls!" Mage mentioned, referring to the festival that was happening in school.

"*clear throat* Indeed... so, as I was going to say, I've discovered that Ritsuka actually has nothing to do with the grimoire," Rem lied.

Shiki's eyes widened, already knowing from (y/n) that Ritsuka was everything to do with it!

"You see, Ritsuka's family never had the grimoire to begin with. Before his death, Ritsuka's farther had arrangements to have it moved," Rem mentioned.

"Where?" Urie asked curiously.

Rem hesitated.

"Vienna, in an old church outside the city. My men are on their way there now as we speak," Rem claimed.

"Tst!" Shiki let out, gaining everyone's eye contact.

"Lying as always, I see," Shiki grinned as he wandered around aimlessly, making the devils follow his movements.

"Excuse me?!" Rem protested.

"Well, you see, (y/n)'s confirmed that Ritsuka is, in fact, quite the opposite of 'nothing to do with it'. In fact, ending her life will release the grimoire. But you already knew that, didn't you? You're trying to protect her! How foolish. Just admit it; you've fallen in love with her," Shiki smirked.

"Called it," Urie declared victory through a cough.

"Rem, is that true?" Mage asked in offence.

...

"That's some theory you've got there, Shiki," Rem sidestepped.

"Calling me a liar?!!" Shiki suddenly growled.