Planning Murder?! (v.2.0)

Later that night...

Darkness...

Darkness everywhere...

The rain crashed down!

Cold entrapped me.

Before me... was a vicious beast!

"Hikaru, thank you for meeting with me on such short notice," I stood with an umbrella blocking the endless rain.

"It's bloody one in the morning, (y/n)! Whatever this is about, it better not be a waste of my time! I could be hunting right now!" Hikaru barked.

"It's... about the devils that are trying to get close to me. There's one... called Shiki. I think he's a fallen angel but... he's tried to get close to me and, well-"

"You haven't given him information on us, have you?!! You know I'll kill you right here and now if you've dared to betray us, half-blood!" Hikaru growled, pulling me close by the collar of my coat.

"I-I haven't! I swear!" I panicked.

"Then the hell's your problem?! Just kill the damn thing already if he's that much of a bother," Hikaru released his painfully strong grip, allowing me to breathe again.

"I... I did try to... but...!" I tried to explain.

"But you were too weak?" Hikaru assumed, tone hinting his next actions...

...

"... yes..." I looked away in shame.

"Pathetic!" he brutally shoved me back, causing me to fall onto the flooding floor.

"I can't believe this! Thought you were supposed to be a vicious monster more threatening than any demon or vampire! What good are you if you can't even kill one insignificant fly?!" he lectured as the rain grew more fierce.

...

"Uh! Just forgot it. We'll kill him ourselves. Then we'll get the rest of those devils... it won't be long now until Ritsuka is in our hands..." he turned away with a dark aura.

"Ah! Th-that's...! What I wanted to say... you see... I... Erm... I may have... agreed to show Shiki to your castle..." I stuttered in fear of his response.

His eyes lit red.

"You..... WHAT?!!" he turned with his arm pulled back.

I flinched as his fist launched at me.

...

"... actually, maybe that could work..." he realised, fist stopping just inches away from my shaking head.

"Hm... yes, that could work. Lead him to the castle and then he'll be right where we want him. In the land of the vampires, a former angel shouldn't stand a chance. Haha! Oh, this is perfect! When can you get him there?!" Hikaru sharply demanded to know.

"Er! T-tomorrow! I'll bring him tomorrow!" I rushed a reply.

"Perfect. I'll ready the vampires for the attack. Well done, (y/n). You might not be useless after all," he smiled deviously as the rain rolled down my face.

I didn't say a word back...

"Well, if that's all, then it's settled. All you have to do is bring him to the castle. I'm sure even you won't find a way to mess that up?" he insulted.

"Ah! No! I'll make sure he's there!" I assured him.

"Good. Well then, I'll be off. You know how it is. Humans to hunt~" he disappeared into the darkness.