Last Fight (v.1.0)

"I'll protect you forever, (y/n)! I promise to give you my heart so forever we will be together! The love I have for you is too strong... the bond we have... it can't break! I won't ever let you go again!!!" Shiki announced as he stood before me as my proud knight in shining armour.

"You're making a mistake if you think we won't kill you to get to the blood demon," Loewen told him as he pointed the knife at Shiki.

Shiki kicked the knife out of his hand and with the moment of distraction he grabbed a hold of his neck, forcing the dog against the wall.

"You think I'm scared?" Shiki asked as the knife hit the wooden floor.

"You've got nothing on me, dog!" Shiki told him with a serious face.

"Now now, if you're going to play like that Shiki I'll make my own little move," came a voice from behind him.

Suddenly a mans hands grabbed my moth as I found I couldn't move.

"Don't touch her!!!" Shiki yelled as he let go of Loewen out of Shock to find Urie stood behind him with me in his arms as a long stem painfully gripped my body.

"Agh!" He yelled as Loewen kicked him into a wall.

"Foolish angel..." Loewen muttered as he grabbed ahold of my chin before picking up the knife.

"AGH!!!" Shiki shouted he got up and punched Loewen in the face and grabbed me from the clutches of Urie as he stepped back.

"Ugh! This is going to take forever! Just get the damn girl already!" Rem ordered.

"Yes, master!" Loewen agreed as he sprinted at me with the knife.

Shiki quickly pulled out a second knife from... err.... ahem!

He furiously clashed the metal with the dog's weapon as fast as lightning as he stepped forward but kept a close eye on me as he constantly looked back. Urie joined the fight as Shiki kept up his paste.

"NONE OF YOU WILL EVER HARM (Y/N)!!!" Shiki yelled as he injected his knife into Loewen's chest! And that was the moment Loewen knew, he fucked up.

He transformed into his dog form as he made a moaning puppy sound.

"Shiki?!" Urie gasped.

"I'LL KILL YOU ALL TO PROTECT THE ONE I LOVE!!! SHE MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME!!! HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER!!!" Shiki yelled as he lost control and swung his knife right at Urie.

"Agh!" Urie gasped as the knife plummeted at him.

Suddenly Shiki's arm was stopped by Mage!

"That's enough Shiki!!!" He yelled.

"Ah!" Shiki gasped, noticing his surroundings.

"(Y/n)...?" He mumbled as he turned to see Rem holding a knife to my throat.

"No! Don't you dare!" Shiki trembled with wide eyes.

"Don't even try to save her! This was her fate! If you just let this happen I'll overlook what you've done! However, I can't say that father will..." he told him as Urie rushed over to the injured dog.

"... (y/n)! I-I failed to protect you... and what's more... I let you see that side of me! How could I be so reckless?!" Shiki muttered in shock as his hands shuck uncontrollably.

"Shiki... I don't want to lose you again!" I told him with a high and squeaky voice.

"I won't let that happen!" Shiki told me.

"Oh really? How do you plan on saving her? There's nothing you can say or do now to make me back down. After all the hard work we've been through to do this one thing, I won't let feelings get in my way!" Rem announced.

Just then, a girl walked into the scene.... awkward...

She dropped her books in shock.

"Rem...?" she gasped as she stood behind the Devil.

Rem's eyes went wide in shock to hear the voice of the girl.

"Ritsuka?!" He gasped.

The sharp knife slipped from his loosened hands then bounced with a metal clank onto the floor (like in slow motion and all dramatic!).

I quickly fell to the floor as Shiki ran and grabbed me in his arms.

"Rem, what's going on?" Ritsuka asked, seeing the dreaded scene.

"Of course... how could I forget that you're in this world...?" Rem mumbled as he turned to face her with lips that failed to meet.

"Hmm?" Ritsuka mumbled in confusion.

"Master?" Urie muttered, seeing the sudden weak look on Rem's face.

Rem was in a state of shock as he failed to speak a word from his trembling lips that desired to be touched by the gentle embrace of the girl before him.

"I guess this means you want to stay here after all?" Mage asked.

"I... I..." Rem suddenly fell into Ritsuka's arms.

"Huh? Rem? Are you ok?" The clueless Ritsuka asked as Rem wrapped his arms around her legs from falling from his weak knees.

"Love has won the game it appears," Urie mentioned.

"Love will always win against any battle. The power we hold is what keeps my heart beating for you and you alone. As long as you can hear the beatings of my heart, I will forever love and protect you..." Shiki whispered.

And so we have the perfect ending that should have been the real one! The Devils stay, Rem and Ritsuka get to be together and Shiki is of course happy. So unless you ship Lindo with Ritsuka (or even with Rem if you're into Yaoi) then it's a pretty damn good ending if I do say so myself. Then again, who's to say Ritsuka will choose Rem just because he's in the human world? (That was to make all you Lindo shippers feel better. We all know that Ritsuka would have chosen Rem if he stayed in the human world. Sorry to all you who ship Lindo with Ritsuka!)

Oh and guess what, the story doesn't end there! Turn to the next page if you will... ^^