Sharp Words (v.2.0)

"If you're really an angel, why are you with the devils?" I asked.

"Who says I'm with them?" Shiki replied.

Grr! Quit dodging!

"You're working with them. How else would you know about them targeting me? You're apart of what they're scheming, I know it!" I confronted him.

"Is that what you've been worried about? Haha! Not to worry. I might pretend to be working with them, but only I get to choose which side I'm really on," Shiki replied.

"And which side is that?" I asked.

"The one I choose," he sidestepped.

"So you're betraying them?" I questioned.

"Betray is such a strong word," Shiki laughed.

"You're lying to them," I pushed.

"I don't lie," he repeated.

"Then you're lying to me!" I let out.

"I'm not lying. You just don't believe me," Shiki twisted.

"Ughhh!!" I sank into the sofa in frustration.

Grr!!! He's not gonna give me anything, is he?! Ugh. Damn it...

"So is it my turn now?" Shiki smiled.

"Uh," I let out.

"Why have you been snooping the last few months anyway? Oh! Let me guess. You found me so admiring that you just had to get a better look~ am I right?" Shiki smirked.

"Uh. It's... it's nothing like that. It's not like I wanted to do it, alright?" I grumbled.

"Oh? If it's not what you wanted then why did you do it?" Shiki asked, likely already knowing the answer.

"Tst. Haven't you already told me your presumptions to that question?" I replied.

"Ah, yes. The vampires made you, right? Hm. Being forced to do something simply because another has ordered it of you... how vile! Honestly, I thought that kind of controlling submission was the kind of behaviour only animals displayed. If one has sharper teeth then it's likely another will cower as the inferior... but to see such thing shared between creatures as supposedly advanced as the supernatural... well, it hardly seems logical," Shiki went on.

"Yeah, well, that's just how things work. Animals run from those with a more powerful bite and I do the same... the vampires have far more power over me then what I can stand up against... I don't have a choice but to cower..." I replied.

"Well, many animals also run when they know they're under threat... but in the process, turn their back to their enemy. That's something you should never do... you've heard the phrase 'stabbed in the back' after all, right? The second they try to run, they'll only be caught from behind. Somethings simply can't be escaped from running away,"

...!

"I know that...! It's always been this way... I've always been so... so trapped. My whole life has just been about the vampires manipulating me for their own selfish gains. But I've got no one else to rely on... if I don't obey them, they'd just kill me," I told him harmlessly.

"Why do you always have to live your life by their control? You have wings, don't you? Why not just fly away?" he wondered.

!!!

"It's not as easy as just flying away, alright?!! You can't always just escape everything without facing consequences! Why can't you understand that?!" I barked a little too viciously.