Missing Halo (v.2.0)

I know he's not Shiki, but hot damn you gotta love Sebbie!

After a shower, we got something to eat then headed to bed. I think after today we were both pretty exhausted... It's a shame we missed the ball that was on tonight after the festival... I hope Levi at least enjoyed it.

"I'll have to wear a plaster on my neck for school tomorrow," Shiki mentioned, running his fingers over the bite mark on his neck.

He jumped on his bed rather childishly.

"I wonder if people will think I'm hiding something naughty~" Shiki simpered.

"I'm warning you now if you try anything, I'll slap you," I hissed, cautiously perching myself on the other side of the bed.

"No, that would just turn me on. Can't you think of something more torturous?" Shiki mentioned with the most casual tone ever!!

"WH-WHAT??!!" I snapped, scooching over to the furthest point of the bed.

"I'm just being honest," Shiki told me with a straight face.

"There are some things you shouldn't say out loud, Shiki!!" I blurted out.

"What? You know I like pain so you should know slapping or hitting me would just make my blood pump!" Shiki chuckled with a creepy blush growing.

"Um... You really do like pain that much, huh?" I muttered, snuggling down under the covers.

"I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all~" Shiki got up and turned the light off, leaving the night stars to light up the room.

He made his way back to the bed...

Everything fell quiet...

"Hey, Shiki..." I murmured.

"Hm?" He looked over at me.

"Do you think that maybe the reason you like pain... is because you've never felt anything more? That you like it simply because... it's a feeling?" I asked, deep in thought.

"I suppose that's true..." he hesitated but replied, expression growing more serious.

"I've never really felt much after I fell... when I was banished from heaven, the devils in the demon realm also isolated me because of my angel blood... so... since then I've always felt kinda... lonely..." he admitted.

"I know the feeling... the demons rejected me for my vampire blood, sending me down to this world. The vampires took me in, but only for their own gain. I still felt isolated and alone... as if no one would ever care about me. As if there was nowhere I could ever belong. As soon as I was old enough, the vampires threw me out into the world to live on my own and start looking for the devils. That's when I met Levi... she was kind... gentle. She was my first real friend. And for a while, my only source of happiness," I explained.

"And... now?" Shiki lifted his hand and placed it over his lips as he blushed.

I looked over at him and smiled, seeing his embarrassment.

"Well, now I have something much more precious to find happiness in," I smiled warmly as I spoke in a comforting whisper.

Shiki blushed deeper as he glimpsed at my gentle expression.

...

"It seems quite unfair, doesn't it?" he mentioned.

"Hm?" I mumbled.

"God forgives everyone's sins on Earth, and yet... if an angel sins, they are cruelly cast out of heaven and considered to be evil. They are no longer pure. They are no longer angels," Shiki muttered as he looked up to the ceiling with a distant expression.