We Walk This Thorny Path Together (v.2.0)

Hey guys! So remember like a month ago when I said I'd get the next chapter out ASAP? ............. well, I finished it now! 😅

I'm sorry this took so long.... T~T

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. If not, well, that's what the comment section is for!

Anyway, on with the chapter at last!!

"Uh... what on Earth...!" Loewen trembled, stepping back with weak legs to see the angel in front of him.

"How?! You're just a vile impurity! You don't deserve those wings!!" he panicked to believe the purity before him.

All of a sudden, Shiki full on punched Loewen into the tree behind him.

"Agh! Th-that not angel-like!!" Loewen groaned in pain as he dropped to the floor.

"Oh, shut it," Shiki complained.

"I'm sick of people telling me who I am or what I'm supposed to be..." Shiki muttered.

"What I am... that's for me to decide!!" he announced as wind rushed past his proud figure.

"Sometimes I wonder... is that part of me gone forever?"

"... I can still see the angel in you..."

...

"YOU ARE NOT AN ANGEL!!"

Tears broke free once again, thinking back to the vile words I shouted so recklessly.

I picked myself up and rushed to cling to my angel. I wrapped my arms around him while falling to my knees with a thud, weak with emotions.

"I'm sorry...! I'm so sorry!" I cried out.

"What for? You're the one who believed in me..." Shiki turned to me with such a kind smile... it was so different from his usual smirk. Something had changed... something... had been unleashed.

"No...! I doubted you!" I regretted to admit.

He smiled, taking his time in replying.

He gently grabbing my chin, then comforted me with these soft words...

"Hey, if darkness like mine can be brightened, then your sins too will be forgiven. You're the one who brought back the light... I will not let you fall into the same darkness I was entrapped in,"

"..." I was speechless.

"So smile," he beamed.

Squinting my eyes shut, my lips trembled with overwhelming emotion. I opened them proudly with my very best attempt of a smile, shining all my happiness and respect I'd gained through the very person who was once my greatest enemy.

"I-I don't... understand...!" Loewen let out in the background.

Me and Shiki exchanged a 'really? He's still in this scene??' look.

"No kidding. Despite how smart you made yourself out to be with all your scheming, all you are is a dog without a leash, running wild without his master. I wasn't lying about Ritsuka. She's dear to Maxies. What you thought his so-called orders were... were misinterpreted. You jumped to conclusions, missing the bigger deal. In this case, you forgot to add to your calculations... that Shiki has a pure heart. No matter what colour his wings are... he is a good person! For not believing in him... for underestimating him... well, that makes you just as pathetic as me," I lectured the boy.

"This- this just...! Can't be...!" Loewen's voice shook.

"I think we're all guilty of misinterpreting..." Shiki mentioned with a sad look.