Broken Times (v.1.0)

"Get off him!!!" I yelled as I kicked Loewen off Shiki.

"Ah! Hey now, why so feisty?" He mumbled as he picked himself up with a smile that failed to fade.

"Don't you dare take another step!" I yelled.

"... very well..." he told me with a childish frown.

"Thanks..." Shiki mumbled with a blush.

I suddenly grabbed a hold of his shirt and pulled him up viciously.

"Huh?!" He mumbled with a redder face.

"Shiki... stop lying! Stop hiding! If you love me then tell me the truth! I'm giving you a chance to tell me so, please... What's going on?!" I asked desperately.

"Fine... but promise me you won't see me differently if I do tell you..." he said shyly.

"... I can't promise that... but I'll try to understand the best I can," I told him.

"Very well..."

Interrupting the moment, there was a crash as Rem walked in!

"Oh dear..." Loewen said with a smile.

"Uh!" Shiki gasped nervously.

"What are you doing?!" Rem asked in an annoyed tone.

"I lured Shiki out," Loewen told him, lifting both his arms up in a shrug.

"Why?! Ugh! You are helpless! Shiki listen, we don't want to do this anymore then you do. However, if we don't kill her then we have to stay here for the rest of our lives. Also, you have violated the rules of our world. Giving a blood demon pure blood... it's a disgrace! Shiki, you don't even deserve to go back to our world!" Rem complained.

"Then let me stay here! Please! I'll happily stay in the world in which I get to breathe the same air as my love (y/n)," Shiki told him.

"No! You know we have to kill her!" Rem argued.

"Why?! I don't understand! Why are you trying to kill me?!" I forced myself to ask.

"Why?! Because you're a threat! Why do you think we'd be here otherwise-" Rem began to tell me.

"Wait! Please let me tell her the rest!" Shiki insisted as he turned his head in shame.

"Ugh! Fine," Rem grunted.

"(Y/n), when we went back to our world, father told us that you were still a threat. You already knew a lot about us. He thought that with me gone, you'd throw a fit or leak more information to the vampires. Anyway, I couldn't help but find that intriguing so we agreed that I came down here to finally kill you..." Shiki told me.

"What...? But... I thought I could trust you... I thought you... You were different...." I mumbled, feeling a very familiar melancholic pain.

"You can! I might have come here to kill you but I don't intend to! I never wanted to kill you! I came here because I love you and I wanted to make you stronger so you'd always be protected and wouldn't have to rely on anyone but me and yourself. I wanted us to be happy... no! I still want that! I still want us to be happy, (y/n)! Please don't let this hurt our relationship! After all we've been through, don't let me go now!" He begged.

"Shiki... why didn't you tell me?!" I asked, struggling to stay calm and not see him even the slightest bit different.

"I was scared. Scared that I'd lose you. Scared of punishing myself for it. Scared of what would happen if I did and what you'd think of me..." he told me with an ashamed look scared on his face.

"So that's why the Devils are here? They really do want to kill me? ... it's happening again! It's all started over, hasn't it? The lies... The pain... all of it! The feelings for you... I can't tell what they are anymore. I don't know you again Shiki! It's like starting from the beginning! It's all the same!" I told him with a shaking fist.

"(Y/n), what are you talking about?! It's not like how it used to be! If it is... then, please! Fall in love with me again! I'll happily start over to fix the bond we had!" Shiki pleaded.

"You're getting ahead of yourself, Shiki. Remember, we still have to kill her!" Rem interrupted.

"No! I won't let you!" Shiki argued.

"Don't get involved, angel..." Loewen muttered carelessly as he ran his finger across the knife Shiki had.

"(Y/n)! This is how I show you my love! I'll protect you no matter what! I won't go through with killing you because the lies and pain are slowly killing me so much more then you could imagine! It hurts so much... but I don't like it! I don't like the pain! I won't ever hurt you! That's a promise!" Shiki announced as he stood in front of me.

Hello and thank you so much if you are still reading this! I really hope you've been enjoying this book. It's not over yet though so please leave comments and votes until the very end! Thank you!