True Value (v.2.0)

Bit of a longer chapter since there's a significant focus on resolution but I hope you guys enjoy and don't find it too long-winded!

"Wait. What on Earth are you doing here, Loewen?" I wondered as I kneeled down to pet the small dog.

So soft... 😍

"You've lost your owner too, huh?" I muttered while stretching up to my feet again.

"Well, I guess we can both run away together," I twisted the key into its chamber and pushed the door open.

...

Doesn't seem like anyone's been here at first glance...

I took a step in the house then froze, shifting my gaze to closely observe any signs of 'you're gonna be killed any second now'.

"Guess the vampires might be waiting at school after all," I muttered, putting down my bag and closing the door.

"Hah. Dumbasses," I smirked.

I quickly scurried upstairs, allowing Loewen to follow behind me.

"How did you even get here, Loewen? Is Rem that bad of an owner?" I rambled to myself as I rapidly shoved some clothes and other belongings into a suitcase I had stored under the bed.

Loewen sat on the mattress, panting with his tongue out.

"Well, I'm not returning you. Rem's a bad master anyway. We're both better off without a leash," I mentioned, refusing to even consider giving the dog back.

He just looked down at me with those adorable puppy eyes........

"Awww!! You're just so cute!! That's it! You're adorable and you're mine now~" I giggled, tightly hugging the lickle puppy dog.

He licked my neck while I hugged him.

"Awwwwwww!! Too cute!! You like me, huh? Hehe! Don't worry, I'll be a good owner. You don't have to worry about getting lost with me around! I'll protect you! And if anyone tries to hurt you, I'll kill everyone in the room and then myself!" I promised the dog.

He licked my nose.

"EEEP!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!" I squealed, turning around to fangirl.

"Ah! Wait, no! Come on, concentrate, (y/n)! Don't let yourself get distracted! Even if the cutest thing in existence is right behind you...!!!" I told myself off.

"Come on! You need to hurry before-!! Ah-agh!" I suddenly found myself choking from something tight around my neck!

"You're adorable and you're mine now~" a male voice mimicked from behind me.

"Uh!" I gasped in shock to see a boy with blue hair stood behind me, tugging on a leash that was attached to the tight collar around my neck.

I-I can't use my power! It feels like all my strength has just...! Just been robbed from me! What is this?!

"Wh-who-" I tried to ask before the boy abruptly pulled me towards him by yanking on the unforgiving leash.

"You know, I do agree with what you said about being better off without a leash. Well, at least I partly agree. I think you'll find I can provide you with much more pleasure if not restrained by such thing... you, on the other hand... are in need of a sharp tug to remind you of your place!" He dragged me across the floor by violently tugging on the leash.

"Agh! Y-you're... you're Loewen?!" I questioned, trying to place my fingers under the collar to stop its merciless burn against my neck.

HE CAN SHAPESHIFT INTO A KINDA-JUST-AS-ADORABLE BOY?!!