Evil? (v.2.0)

I burst out the house and stumbled away as fast as my legs would take me! I had to go! Somewhere! Anyway! Just not here!! Anywhere but here!!

The darkness of the night began to ease into the cloudy skies.

I sprinted, tears leaving a trail of hurt behind me.

Suddenly, as I rushed around a corner, I slid forward from the distracting thoughts flooding my mind.

Luckily, someone had been there to break the fall.

"Agh..." I heard a voice beneath me.

"Ah! Wait, (y/n)?!" It was Levi I had fallen on.

My vision blurred further as I let out all my cries, desperately chucking my arms around her.

"Uh... (y/n)?? (y/n), what's wrong?! Talk to me!!" she begged as I clung onto her as if she were the last delicate string pulling me from the darkness.

"Aaaghhh heh heh heh!!" crying is all I could do... words were entrapped by my tears.

"It's ok. I'm here. It's gonna be ok, (y/n)," Levi stroked my head as she held me close to comfort me.

I cried... for how long, I lost track...

Levi took me back to her place, where I explained everything that had happened. I cried a lot. And she hugged me a lot.

We decided it'd be best to spend the next few nights with her, since it wasn't safe to go back home. Luckily, her parents were on a business trip for the time being.

And so I spent the night practically soaking Levi's pillow with my tears. I wasn't sure what I was crying for exactly. Shiki's extreme actions... or his betrayal. To be honest, it felt like it was my chest the knife had been jabbed into. But either way, I couldn't fully comprehend the situation and so my mind was overwhelmed with thoughts and memories for most the night. And when sleep was finally accomplished, I can't say I had sweet dreams...

...

"(y/n)," I heard a soft voice.

I opened my eyes to see Levi smiling down at me as she kneeled down by the bed she'd let me sleep on.

"I'm heading to school now. Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"It's fine. It might not be safe for me, but I can't let your studies suffer on my account... besides, I need to go and get my stuff from my house later anyway," I told her, lifting myself up.

"Well, if you're sure... I'll be back straight after school, alright?! And if you need anything, call me right away, ok?! Don't even hesitate!!" Levi encouraged me, grabbing both my hands out of worry.

"And get your phone confiscated again?" I joked.

"(y/n)! I mean it! Please stay safe, ok?! If you call me, I'll drop everything and come back right away!" Levi told me.

"Ok ok. I promise," I smiled.

She smiled back and then hugged me tightly before heading out of the room.

"Ah! Levi," I quickly addressed.

She stopped and looked back, hand on the door.

"... let me know if... if Shiki's in school today," I mumbled, wanting to clarify how serious his injury actually was.

Levi looked away, clearly not wanting to see any sympathy towards the boy who hurt me.