Your Only Friend (v.1.0)

I invited Levi to hang out with me and Shiki and eventually, she said yes. She said she would bring a few friends. Shiki's been sulking ever since I told him we would hang out with some friends. It's kinda cute but... I'm a little worried...

"Shiki, come on!" I called from outside the bathroom door.

"I'm not coming!" Shiki grunted.

"Why?!" I asked demandingly.

"Because I don't want to!" Shiki continued to grunt.

"That's not a good enough reason!" I yelled.

"I don't care!" Shiki claimed.

"But I thought you wanted to spend time with me. Besides, it will do you good to have some other friends. It's something I learned a long time ago. You need to learn how to open up to people to fit in and feel noticed. Shiki, you can't stay hidden forever," I told him.

"I don't want to hide. I just want to be with you forever... I don't need anyone else..." Shiki muttered.

"Come on! Stop being emo!" I ordered. (As people have told me in the comments, this seems to of offended some people. I am very sorry if I have. Know that this is just a joke and has no intention of offending anyone. I respect everyone no matter if they're emo, black, white, male, female, religious, bisexual etc. I love you all so I hope you don't take this to be offensive)

"I'm not being emo! Now if you don't mind I shall get back to listening to 'this is gospel'," Shiki told me from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Shiki!" I yelled.

"If you love me let me goooo!" He sang.

"Umm!" I moaned to myself.

...

"(Y/n)?" He mumbled.

He opened the door after not hearing my reply and saw I was about to leave.

"Hey wait! I was kidding! Please don't leave me!!! I'll go, ok?!" Shiki yelled.

I smiled.

"Good. Come on then. My friends are waiting," I told him.

He tagged along as we walked outside my house.

"Bout time, haha," Levi cheered.

"Hey. Guys this is Shiki. Shiki this is Levi as you know. Then on the right, there's Haru. The left is Nova. Levi, you didn't bring anyone else?" I asked.

"No one else wanted to come. I didn't tell these guys Shiki would be here though so they agreed to come," Levi explained.

"Hey! What are you trying to say?" Shiki grunted.

"That no one wants to come because they hate you!" Levi told him.

"Why you!" Shiki grunted.

I quickly grabbed his arm to stop him from doing whatever he was about to.

"Why are you protecting them, (y/n)? Don't I mean more to you then these worthless mortals? They're trying to keep us apart, can't you see?" Shiki asked.

"Shiki! They're not trying to do anything like that. Come on! You need to be nice," I tried to tell him.

"I will if they will..." Shiki replied in a childish way.

We ended up walking around some places for a while and the whole time Shiki was stumbling behind. Every time I tried talking to him he just let out a moody groan. He was acting just like a child.

"So (y/n), what have you been up to since we last saw each other?" Haru asked me.

Haru was Levi's childhood friend while growing up. He goes to the same school as us but unlike Levi, he doesn't know what I really am. He's a nice guy though. He comforted me when I was down about Shiki leaving. We are in different classes though as he's a year higher than me.

"Oh, nothing much. God, I forgot how long it's been since we've really hung out together out of school. Haha. I remember last time we were like ten or something. Ha, we used to get into so much trouble with your parents. Do they still hate me?" I giggled.

Of course, I was forced into the human world at a very young age. But as I've said, the vampires still pretended to care for me then so I managed to get myself together. Haru and Levi were the only friends I had back then. And the other girl, Nova, is one of Levi's newer friends. I've only met her a few times but she seems friendly.

"Wait! Wh-what?! You two know each other?!" Shiki asked.

"Yeah. We used to hang out with each other like all the time before high school. Good memories, huh?" Haru explained as he put his hand on my shoulder.

Shiki let out a growl and suddenly walked in between us and grabbed my hand.

"Shiki, what are you doing?!" I asked, feeling very annoyed.

"He's trying to destroy our relationship! And I don't like competition..." Shiki grunted.

"He's my friend, Shiki. He's not trying to destroy anything!" I told him.

This was kinda destroying the summer atmosphere...

"Don't worry. I'll make sure nothing ever separates us. Our love is too strong to mess with. Some people just need to find that out the hard way. If you play with fire... you get burned!" Shiki told me.

"Err..." I mumbled, slightly concerned.

"Is something wrong?" Haru asked as he suddenly joined the conversation.

"No one asked you! You'll get burned soon...." Shiki muttered.

"Err what? What's he on about, (y/n)? Ha. Your boyfriend sure is strange. You should start hanging out with other people more often. You can't dedicate your life to just the one person, right?" Haru told me with a smile.

"Yeah, I-" I was about to say.

"No! That won't be at all necessary. We don't need advice from you. You don't know what my (y/n) wants so stay out of her life. Or I'll have to force you to stay away forever..." Shiki told him.

"Shiki!" I yelled.

He tightened his grip on his hand and started to walk the other way.

"We've had enough entertainment from you. We're leaving now. Stay away from us if you know what's good for you," Shiki told them.

"Oh what? We haven't even gotten ice cream yet. What a downer," Nova complained.

"Lameo!" Haru called.

"Luka! The heck, dude?" Levi complained.

"I hope she's ok," Haru added.

"(Sign) don't let him control you, (y/n)," Levi muttered.

Shiki dragged me back to his house...

"Shiki! They're my friends! Why did you do that? You know how hard it is for me to fit in in this world! I just want people to accept me and want to get to know me and be my friend. Why would you take that away from me?!" I questioned.

"(Y/n), you don't understand. I want you all to myself. I just love you so much. I don't want anyone else to get close to you. Please, you just mean so much to me. If anyone else got in the way of that... then... I'd be forced to deal with them..." Shiki told me.

"Shiki, i..." I mumbled.

"And that Haru. He'll have to go no matter what," Shiki told me.

"What do you mean?!" I asked.

"Well you did know each other, right? And he seems interested in you, therefore, I have to get rid of him to protect you. I can't let anyone get close to you after all of this," he told me.

"But... he's my frie-" I began to say.

"Shh," Shiki whispered as he placed a finger on my lip.

"You don't need to worry about a thing. I will protect you. You're the only person I care about. I will do anything for you. And right now... I love you too much to let you get hurt. Everyone has reasons for doing things. This is my reason..." Shiki told me as he held me close, squeezing me tightly.

It is just me or is he... a little too obsessive...? Is this really just about protecting me, Shiki? Something tells me apart of you is just trying to protect yourself.