Memories (v.1.0)

(The first half of this chapter is about flashbacks so you can skip to after that part if you want. Just scroll down to these emojis:⬇️⬇️⬇️)

My mind daydreamed about what had happened with Shiki...

Like when we first met...

- "Do you normally just watch while these idiots fight like this?"
"Pretty much,"

And when he was getting hurt...

- "Oh. Mage and Urie are being mean to me again,"
"Why are they so rough?"
"They make fun of me because I'm different,"
"Different..."

And when he let out all his frustrations...

- "They keep reminding me that I'm different. I hate it! I hate being different! They don't understand yet they make fun of me as if they don't know how much it hurts. No one understands... No one understands me or who I am. Whether I like it or not I'll always be different then Urie and Mage... And everyone else..."

And then there's the theme park...

- "A theme park?"
"Yes,"
"You like theme parks?"
"No I hate them but I love the feeling of danger as wind shoots past your face and the horror you go through on those really scary rides,"

And all the feelings we shared and the fun we had...

- "I know how you feel. It might not seem like it... But I do..."
"(Y/n)..."
"Yeah?"
"Would you like to go to a theme park with me?"

- "I understand how you feel. People here don't except me because I'm different and my family doesn't what me either so I'm left here. Sometimes you do things for different reasons then others think and that can cause them to misunderstand you. Tell me? how are you different from others?"
"I can't say. If the wrong people knew then I'd be in danger,"
"I see... So you don't trust me?"

- "Huh? What are you doing?"
"You'll see. Close your eyes,"
"But i-"
"I promise I won't hurt you,"
"Ok..."

- "You told me you like flowers so I... Made you this..."
"Shiki you're amazing!"
"You like it?"
"I love it! Thank you! Shiki you're the bestest friend I could ever have!"

- "D-don't look at me like that..."

The way he protected me...

- "Ssshhiikkiii!!!!!"
"It's ok... I'm here. I won't let you fall..."

- "Shiki... Thank you! T-thank you!"
"Hey... I told you that you could trust me, didn't I?"
"Also... I made a promise to you. I would never break that promise,"
"You peasant! Master will be most disappointed in you. I guess I shall have to punish you for him!"
"Leave. Her. Alone,"

- "Ouch!"
"Ah. One more step and she dies,"
"Shiki..."

- "That's a good Angel. Now... Haha... Die for your disobedience!"
"No!"
"(Y/n)..."

- "Do you trust me?"
"Why would you ask that?"
"Because I want to know,"
"Well... Yes, I do,"

But then... Why did he...

- "Will you go with me to a ball that's coming up in school?"
"A ball?"
"Yes, a ball. It's a small celebration. Will you go with me?"
"But what about the Devils?"
"I'll protect you,"
"... Ok. I'll go with you... Shiki,"

- "Hey (y/n), you look beautiful,"
"Oh hey!"

- "Hey (y/n)..."
"Huh?"
"Would you like to dance?"
"Yeah. Sure haha,"

- "Shiki what's going on?!"
"Do you trust me?"
"... Yes... Of course I do,"
"Then you know I won't hurt you. Just stay still and it will all be over before you know it,"
"Shiki what are you talking about? I'm scared!"

- "He was trying to kill you this whole time. He did everything all to build up to the moment he could destroy you! The theme park! The promise! Even saving you! Showing you his Angel form! Protecting you! And inviting you here only to find your death! It was all just so he could kill you! You didn't honestly trust him, did you? Did you actually think he liked you?"
"(Y/n), he's lying! I did it so you would trust me sure but I was trying to protect you!"
"And yet he's still lying to you. Tell me how does that make you feel?" Rem asked.
"Shut up!!! I hate you! I hate all of you! You stupid Devils! And you Shiki! I trusted you and you lied to me! I thought I had finally found someone I could trust! I thought you were different! I thought you understood me! You're a lying phony and I hate you!!!"

- "How can you be so sure that the grimoire will be destroyed?"
"Because Ritsuka is apart of me... I'm in love with her. And I won't let anyone hurt her. Ill make sure that the grimoire won't be a problem anymore. For you as well. You won't have to worry about us destroying you. You can live your life here as you will,"
"Right... Live my life..."

⬇️⬇️⬇️
I don't want him to go...

"It's today, isn't it?" A voice asked as I got my head off my desk.

"Levi? What is?" I asked, half asleep.

"It's today when the Devils go, right?" Levi asked.

"Yeah..." I mumbled.

"I know what Shiki did to you was bad but... You should talk to him before he goes. I mean, you are in love with him. Surely you don't want to leave things on a bad term?" Levi pointed out.

"... I don't want to leave things at all!" I said with a croaky voice which matched with my tears.

"You have to talk to him!" Levi told me.

"Why?! I don't care! Rem told me... He lied to me! I trusted him! And it was all a lie! There's no point talking to him..." I cried.

"Come on, this is Rem! Of course, he's gonna say all that crap to you. Do you honestly believe it? Cause if you do then you're no better then a liar yourself. I'm sure you didn't give Shiki a chance to say his part of the story, did you?" Levi asked.

"...." I reflected my mind back to what happened...

"All this time... I trusted you Shiki! Why would... Why would you lie to me?"
"(Y/n) I'm sorry! I didn't do it to kill you! I-"
"Then why?! Cause it sure seems like you did it to kill me you, damn liar!"
"I didn't mean to! Let me explain-"
"Then why did you have a knife to my back?! An early wedding present?"

"No... I didn't..." I mumbled.