Part 1

This is my original story all together. I'm going to be releasing an edited version to each once I can get to it.

I'm falling, that's all I know. I feel my body impact the ground, but I'm already in so much pain it doesn't register. The whimpers I feel escaping my mouth make me feel small and defenseless, although I suppose that, for now, I am. "Dear, look!" I hear a shrill woman's voice call. The last thing I remember before passing out is the sound of people running over to me.

I wake up to a warm room that is empty aside from a person dressed in lighter colors. "She's awake, tell the lord." He whispers to the woman guarding the door, before coming over to me.

"Where am I?" I ask before having a coughing fit. He hands me a small glass of water before answering.

"You're in Lord Rosper's home, you were found in the garden that's all I can tell you, small one, wait here until the Lord or Lady gets here please," He explains before going back to work. I'm so anxious of what might happen when they get I start to fidget.

After a few minute I hear people coming towards the doors, I see an older man and woman rush through the door. "How are you feeling?" the woman asks to which I only give a small nod. A small smile graces her face "Well, that's good. I'm Ellise and this is my husband Dean."

"Excuse me, dear," Dean says before Ellise can say more. "What do you remember?"

"Falling... My name... nothing else." I say giving a little shrug trying not to look scared. The man gives me a small nod as if to say 'go on'. "It's Amril."

"Well, Amril, you're going to be staying here until you feel better alright, darling?" She says as if she's asking for my permission, something I feel I'm not used to. I give another small nod of my head. "Alright, well you look tired so we shall leave you to your rest." She says leaving.

"Feel better soon." Dean says following his wife.

My eyes start to close, I try to fight off sleep, but it finds me anyways. Before sleep claims me, however, I hear Ellise whisper just outside to Dean "My love, she could be the answer to our prayers."

I woke again, but this time I found myself in a sky blue room with golden floors. The size of the bed I was in and the room shook me of all sleepiness. A knock sounded at my door "Amril, are you awake?" a female voice inquired outside. I hopped off the bed and walked to the door opening it and looking up at Ellise.

"Hello, small one. How are you feeling, any better?"

"Yes, thank you," I mumbled. After an awkward pause I ask "Why am I here" I gesture to the room.

"Oh, well we want you to be as comfortable as you can be, for however long you wish to stay. There is your bathing quarters other there would you like me to send for help?" She asks giving a motherly smile.

I shake my head and make my way over to the other room and close the door. I hear Ellise sigh and leave my room as I start to strip and slip into filling tub. I sit in the water and try to remember who I am before washing myself and getting out. I pull the softest, whitest towel ever around my body and start looking for clothes, but something catches my eye.

I see my reflection. I have platinum blonde hair and honey brown eyes, I seem to be around ten years old. The look in my eyes say that I've been through hell and the fragility of my body makes me seem as though I could drop at any second. I find a clean dress and underthings waiting for me when I came out of the bathroom.

I start wandering the house and smell something delicious. Following the scent I find Ellise and Dean at a dining table with an empty seat across from Ellise and to the left of Dean. After staring at them for a minute I make my way over to the empty chair, they look at each other as if arguing over mentally who should speak first. I start putting food that looks good on my plate and then he clears his throat.

"So... Amril. How're you feeling?" he asks

"Fine, I have only a few bruises left," I answer.

"That is good!" He says and a long silence starts.

After I've eaten enough I remember something and ask "Why did you say I could be the answer to your prayers?"

They clearly didn't think I had heard this and Ellise is the first to recover from her shock and says "Well darling, we have been praying to the gods for many, many years for a child as we have not been able to have one... and then you, just fall from the sky. Like a miracle," I nod slowly understanding what they want my role to be.

"Would you be alright with that?" Dean asks for his wife who clearly has this question on her mind.

I shrug and say "I have nowhere else to go," They nod slowly, clearly disappointed with my answer, but glad that I'll be staying for a while.

"Now if you ever change your mind we could always find you a good place for you," She offers softly.

Days turn to weeks and weeks turn into months and one day Ellise says to me "Amril, you know how your father is the main consort of the king?" I nod looking at her and she continues. "Well he has asked us to dine with him and his family and he is expecting to meet you."

I see the happy expectancy in her eyes and say "If that is what you wish."

"Now, darling, there is nothing to worry about. Just be polite and speak only when spoken to." She says to which I nod.