Part 19

When I woke up Loki was gone, to my disappointment, so I went looking for everyone and found the warrior three and Sif in the lounge room.

"Our dearest friend banished, Loki on the throne, Asgard on the brink of war, yet you've managed to consume four wild boar, six pheasant, a side of beef, and two casks of ale. Shame on you. Don't you care?" I walk in to hear Fandral shaming Volstagg and see Fandral pacing in front of him.

"Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!" Volstagg yells when Fandral knocks his plate out of his hands. Sif and Hogun jump up to stop them but I get in between them quicker.

"Stop it, both of you." Sif demands. "Stop."

"I know we're all on edge since Thor is gone, but we need to keep our heads and think of a solution," I say.

"We all know what we have to do." Sif says.

"We must go," Hogun adds causing me to back up a little unsure of what to do. "We must find Thor."

"It's treason," reasons Fandral.

"To hell with treason, it's suicide." Volstagg adds.

"Thor would do the same for us," Sif says.

"Now shush," Volstagg says running his hand over his face. "Heimdall might be watching."

At the moment as if he planned it a guard comes in and says "Heimdall demands your presence."

"We're doomed," Volstagg says.

"He's not all that bad," I try to reason with him.

"Yes, but that's because he favors you. He could kill us with a blink of his all-seeing eyes," Volstagg mutters concerned.

"I can't be here for this," I say realizing what's about to happen and start to make my way out of the room.

"Amril, we don't have time for this he would do the same for us," Sif pleads with me.

"I know, but I can't be party to this," I say. "I would love to see Thor, but I cannot betray Loki like this."

"Amril, please we need him," Volstagg asks putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I can't believe you, Amril, after everything we've all been through together you would choose him over Thor," Sif says angrily.

"I would never ask you all not to go in fact I ask you to go on behalf of me and wish Thor my best. But, I cannot go against what Loki has asked from me."

"And why not?" Sif asked.

"Because we are... together," I blush slightly looking at the ground. Sif look surprised, but as I suspected the warriors three already knew.

"Odin's beard, Sif, one would have to be blind not to notice the way they look at each other," Fandral says.

"We might be together, but I do not agree with him that Thor should stay away so please go to him and tell him I send my love. Find a way to convince Heimdall to let you through and I will try to keep Loki busy. Although he will probably notice someone has opened the gate," I say sincerely and take my leave.

"Look," Sif says showing us that Heimdall left the sword in the slot for us. She goes over to push it in the rest of the way.

I watch them from a window go down to the bridge. I start to look around for Loki to see if I can find him and maybe distract him from finding out that the three of them left in spite of what he told them or quell his rage. I use my magic to see if I can find traces of him anywhere, but he has blocked himself from sight. I frown knowing this could not mean anything good and start to physically look for him. I look all of our usual places: the library, the gardens, his chamber, mine. I even look in the weapons vault. I see the Casket and the Destroyer missing and my concern turns into fear.

I run to Odin's chamber to ensure the safety of the All-father and All-mother, I make sure I have my dual daggers and transform my clothes into my fighting armor before I enter. I see Frigga still sitting at Odin's side "What's wrong dear?" she asks upon seeing the concerned look on my face.

"The Casket and the Destroyer are missing, I fear for your safety your majesty so if you don't mind I think I shall stay here until I feel at better ease," I say taking out my weapons.

"Of course, thank you for your concern," she says.

I notice the bifrost has been opening a lot and I pray to the gods that the guards will be enough to defend this realm. The door starts to freeze over and I ready myself into a fighting stance and Frigga draws the sword that Odin keeps beside his bed. The doors open and to my surprise the All-mother is able to take a frost giant down before she is swept to the side. I see the remaining frost giant is none other than Laufey and we fight for only a moment before I cut his side. I make the stupidest mistake and let myself feel shock instead of continuing to fight him. Turns out this is just enough time to let him knock me to the side hard enough to knock my senses out.

My head hit the wall so hard it's spinning so much that I can't even stand, let alone see clearly what's going on. I hear Laufey say "It's said that you can still hear and see what transpires around you. I hope it's true, so that you may know your death came at the hand of Laufey," He lifted his hand and I throw my daggers both hitting his side, but it only perturbs him for a moment and he started to bring the ice dagger down to my king once again.

"No!" I cry out, but suddenly a blast of energy successfully throwing him off Odin to the other side of the room, I turn around to see Loki holding Odin's staffed directed to where Laufey had been over our All-father.

"And your death came by the son of Odin." Loki says triumphantly although slightly too dramatic for my taste. Laufey breaths weakly lifting his head to look Loki in shock, he raises his scepter once again throwing a burst of energy at Laufey killing him and tuning him to dust.

"Loki! You saved him!" Frigga gasps getting up and running to Loki's side, however Loki runs over to me and kneels beside me.

"Are you alright?" He asks, helping me up.

"Yes, just dizzy. Are you alright, I couldn't find you and then I saw things missing from the weapons vault?" I ask putting my hand to his face.

"Yes, my dear, I'm alright." He whispers kissing my hand. He turns to Frigga and continues in a louder voice, "I swear to you, Mother, that they will pay for what they've done today."

"Loki," Thor says coming in.

"Thor!" Frigga exclaims and runs over to him.

"Brother!" I yell and run over to embrace him. I look back at Loki to find him looking unsure at Thor.

"I knew you'd return to us," Frigga says, but the two brother continue to stare at each other and I take a step away from them both.

"What's wrong?" I ask trying to remain calm.

"Why don't you tell her how you sent the Destroyer to kill our friend, to kill me?" Thor asks Loki angrily.

"What?" Frigga asks flabbergasted.

"Why, it must have been enforcing Father's last command," Loki counters.

Everything is starting to make sense but I just can't believe it. How could I not have noticed if things were so wrong... wait, I actually did. Loki was the one to convince Thor to go to Jotunheim. I hold my ground in front of Frigga so as to protect her from the battle about to take place.

"You're a talented liar, brother. Always have been," Thor says not taking his eyes off Loki.

"It's good to have you back. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim," Loki says and blasts Thor through the wall with the staff and starts to run to the bifrost bridge.