Part 17

A servant comes in interrupting whatever moment we seem to have been having and I start to pull my hand away, but he holds it firmly against his lips. "Speak," He growls at her around my hand.

"The healer's say that the king can be seen now," she says meekly and Loki dismisses her.

"Shall we go see the All-Father?" I ask. Loki nods and starts walking never once letting go of my hand. I know that he's still hurting really badly, but I feel like he would only be annoyed if I tried to talk about it. The only real comfort I can offer him is my presence. Besides, if I push the matter he's going to think I lied about it not mattering to me.

I wish there was more I could do for him than give him a moments reprieve from the pain the lies of his father has caused him. Loki has always been the type of person to hide pain from those around him, I wish he could trust his family more than he does but I can see why he doesn't. At least he trust me with at least half of his feelings so he doesn't keep everything bottled up.

Although he's feeling a whirlwind of emotions and I can't but feel happy that he's holding my hand. That I can give him some form of support that doubles as a reminder of our affection for each other. I should be worried that others will notice our linked finger. However, I feel confident that with everything else that we've had to go through this week that a people's disapproval of our relationship will be a cake walk.

We go to Odin's chamber where we take a seat and Frigga tells us he has fallen into the Odin's sleep. After a few minute of silence Loki says "I know what I am mother, we both do."

Frigga nods and after a moment concedes saying "I asked him to be honest with from the beginning. There should be no secrets in family."

"So why did he lie?" Loki asks.

"He kept the truth from you so you'd never feel different. You are our son, Loki, and we you're family. You must know that," She explains and I give his hand a squeeze to let him know that I agree with her. "You can speak to him. He can see and hear us even now."

"How long will it last?" he asks.

"I don't know," She admits. "This time it's different, we were unprepared."

"I'll never get used to seeing him like this. The most power being in the nine realms, lying helpless until his body is restored." I shiver involuntarily at what he's saying feeling uncomfortable seeing someone that everyone considers one of the strongest beings, so frail. Loki takes my hand seeing out of the counter of his eye that I shivered and looks at me for a second concerned. After seeing that I'm ok he turns his attention back to the matter at hand.

"He's put it off for so long now," the All-mother says taking her husband's hand. "But I fear for him. You're a good son, we mustn't loose hope that your father will return to us, and your brother."

"What hope is there for Thor?" Loki asks knowing his mother will be able to provide some insight into this.

"There's always a purpose to everything your father does. Thor may yet find a way home," Loki seems to have gotten the information he wanted and stand up and starts to leave. I stand up as well and thank Frigga for her help.

"What did Odin mean that I wasn't the only one not from this world?" He asks before reaching the door and looks back to his mother.

"He did not say much to me on this topic, but he said it had something to do with the mark on the back of your neck. Your birthmark," She explains while looking at me. I feel my world come crashing around me as I remember something I haven't thought about for hundreds of years.

"I fell into my parents' garden," I whisper staring shocked at the ground. I have always assumed that I just fell over from the garden wall and somehow forgot my life before then. I thought I was just an orphaned child looking for food or warmth.