Stay Alive Part 11

"Remember when you said that if I ever needed anything to come to you?"

"I meant it," He nods.

"I can't stay here, not after everything that happened. I realize now that enlisting again was probably a bad idea but... I can't be here, at least not right now. I still need time after everything. I need time to heal, and to think things through of what I want to do now," He looks at me expectantly wondering what I'm going to ask him. "I want to go to Midgard, it seems like the best place right now to think."

I can see him fighting back shock and he finally asks "What can I do to help?"

"I need you to convince Odin to get me there. I know it shouldn't be too hard after everything I've given up in his service but still, I feel like he'd listen to you more than me."

He agrees to help me and that night I get called to the throne room. "I hear from my son that you want to leave us. You know that if you do this you won't be allowed back until the bifrost bridge is complete or you find some other way to transport yourself?"

"Yes, my king," I agree not making eye contact.

He nods his head slowly "I see. I give you my permission and blessing, I will do it. However, you will have to leave tonight. Say your goodbyes and come back here right after."

"Thank you, sire," I bow and leave. I quickly find Thor and knock him over with a hug. "Thank you so much for your help Thor. It worked! I'm leaving tonight."

"Wow, tonight. That's... so soon, I let go of him and sit with my legs crossed on the floor. "It's not that I'm mad. I'm just going to miss you."

"Don't worry, brother. I have a feeling we'll see each other soon enough." We finish saying our good byes and I go to finds Frigga, after everything that happened she deserves an explanation this time as to why I'm taking off. "All Mother," I say to get her attention when I finally find her in the garden.

"Amril," she puts out her arms and walk into her embrace. "What's wrong?"

I'm leaving tonight and I won't be back for a while, I'm sorry I didn't give you more of a forewarning but I didn't know until just a few minutes ago," I explain to her. "If I stay here I don't think I'll be able to keep my sanity for very long. I see his ghost everywhere I look, at least half of my dreams have him."

"I understand," she says and holds my face forcing me to keep eye contact with her. "You had a strong bond him, I know how hard it is to let go. I will be thinking of you every day and wishing you luck."

She wipes away my tear as it's about to fall. "You are the best mother I've had," I admit and I see her eyes fill as she lets me go. She nods, smiling, as she blinks the tears away. I hope she doesn't feel like she's losing another person she considered her child but this is something I have to do. But before I can go I have to make one more stop.

I grab a bag and head to Loki's old room. This is the first time I've been here since the night I stayed over. I remember waking up and the first person I saw was him, I had hoped that one day I could do that every day. Frigga ordered the maids to keep it nice and clean, not to change one thing about it, and definitely not to let anyone take this room. I take the blanket from his couch, green with gold patterns sewn in it and stuff it in the bag. He used to fall asleep reading her all the time and used this blanket more than the ones on his bed, it still slightly smells like him. I guess even as an adult I need a security blanket, he always was that for me.

I go back to the throne room and Odin teleports me to Midgard. After all this time, I'm back on Midgard, I would have said good bye to Sif and the warriors three but they're on a mission. I go to the home I have, sell it, and move to California. I spend the next week watching the news and it's surprising how destructive these people who are so weak can be. I see many people around with tattoos, even more than the people of Asgard, and I decide I want one. After a few days of thinking about what to get, what would fit me and my situation the most, I find one. I remember the one that a few of warriors' of Odin have, one that stands for courage in combat.