Stay Alive Part 15

I wake up to the sound of knocking at my door and I yell my permission to enter. A maid comes in and says "Her majesty has asked me to remind you that the king will require your presence for the trial in two hours," I thank her and she leaves.

Sitting up I look out my window to help start the gears in my mind. When I finally feel ready I walk to the bathroom, wash up, and come back out to look in my closet. I look around and realize I have a few new articles of clothing. I smile in realization that Frigga must have seen somethings she thought I would like and got them for me. After staring into my closet I start to realize how much this year has changed me as well.

I think how much the way I think has changed in this past year. I pick up something I would never have felt comfortable wearing before everything went down. I guess even my outlook on clothes has changed it used to be just something to wear and hopefully be comfortable in. Now it's a form of battle armor, what I'm wearing not only makes me appear to be less of a threat. It also gives me the upper hand if it will distract the enemy.

I pick a white dress held up by what looks like a necklace and a belt that matches the necklaces holds the fabric in place at the waist. It has a slit down the front and the side and back are completely open. After I finally figure out how to put it on I look in the mirror and am happy with how it looks on me. Only now do I realize that this shows of all the scars I got when I was tortured, especially the large jagged one that runs almost the entire length of the back.

I find its about thirty minutes until I need to be there and throw on some shoes and start making my way to the throne room. On the way there I see the royal library and I can't help but pause before walking in. Memories assault me and I feel a sadness as I remember the day a few days after the funeral, comforting the queen in this room. I remember thinking about how we both lost someone incredibly close to us, while Frigga might have healed, I don't think I quite have. I was well on my way, but then Loki came back and I'm thrown into a tornado of emotions, once again. No one should ever have to have their children die before them, and no one should ever lose their love to something as cruel as death.

I leave and make my way to the throne room where, by now I'm sure that everyone is already there. As I'm walking down the hallway I hear people whispering about me, I guess me breaking people out of the prison spread around while I was gone. I'm getting fearful looks the ladies are giving me and apprehension is coming off the lords in waves. It seems that the words spread about me was just of how many people I killed and how unforgiving I was when killing them.

I come in and see Loki approaching the dais of the throne, his chains rattling with every step. He's surrounded by guard watching his every, making sure the safety of the king. "Loki," Frigga says softly happy to see her son alive. She seems to be hoping her son will be happy to see her again, but Loki seems to have other ideas.

"Hello mother. Have I made you proud?" He asks snidely.

"Please, don't make this worse," she whispers.

"Define 'worse'," I would sigh at this but I'm trying to seem like I have no opinion so that I'm more lightly to be able to convince the king to let him live.

"Enough, I will speak to the prisoner without you here Frigga," Odin says having enough of Loki disrespecting Frigga and she leaves. I'm not in the ass kissing mood especially with what he might be about to do to Loki. I feel smug when I see the slightly shocked look on Loki's face at what I'm wearing. I take my place to the left of the dais of the throne, opposite of where Frigga was.

Loki takes a few steps closer. When he's right before the steps to the throne he brings his foot around and taps it to his other foot the way a solider would. Not a smart move, showing sass at your own trial. On contact his chains make a loud clang sound and he look at Odin indignantly. He laughs "I really don't see what all the fuss is about."