Part 13

"Heimdall, open the bridge!" Volstagg calls as we get to the spot we came into this world through. Suddenly a clawed paw comes into the ledge and followed by the rest of the frost beast.

"Oh, Helheim!" I yell as the beast roars at us. I start to push it back with magic, Loki joins me in trying to keep the beast back with his magic after he sees what I'm doing.  "What do they feed this thing?" I scream in frustration at how heavy this animal is.

We battle for a few seconds before Thor flies straight through it effectively killing the thing. The sudden movement causes me to lose my traction on the icy ground and slip falling onto my side. Thor lands as Sif is helping me up and the beast falls of the edge. Thor turns around smiling but something he sees behind us makes the smile falls from his face.

I groan tiredly and turn around to see what made Thor's smile disappear and am greeted by thousands of frost giants. They start to charge us when suddenly the bridge opens and out comes Odin riding on his horse.

"Father! We'll finish them together!" Thor yells clearly still feeling the glory of battle surging through his veins.

"Silence," Odin hisses at his heir causing Thor to be confused. As if he didn't hear his father expressly tell him not to instigate a war.

Laufey makes himself the same height as Odin on his horse and says "All-Father, you look weary," This makes me notice that Odin is swaying back and forth as if he truly is tired. He looks as if he could fall off his horse at any moment.

I would go to our All-Father to protect him, however that would aid in the appearance of weakness that I don't want to give to the enemy. I can't help but wonder if this is a ruse to make himself appear weary to make the chance of him letting us go greater, or if our king truly is feeling unwell.

"Laufey," Odin pleads "end this now."

"Your boy sought this out,"

"You're right. And these are the actions of a boy, treat as such." I wish in this moment I could agree with the All-father, but I can't. We just killed several of his people, I know it's not going to be so easy. "You and I can end this here and now, before there's further bloodshed."

"We are beyond diplomacy now, All-father. He'll get what he came for. War and death," Laufey says voicing my fear, dread comes over my body. I don't want to have to fight anymore as I'm already feeling the need for a hot bath and a nice nap.

"So be it." Odin concedes tiredly. I see Laufey grows a dagger of ice in his hand and I start to sprint over to protect my king. Laufey raises his hand in the blink of an eye and is already bringing it down as I'm on my third step towards them. He's about to stab Odin with it when the bifrost opens once more throwing the king of Jotunheim backwards.

Everyone in our party is pulled through the bridge and back into Asgard. We land in the golden sphere and relief spreads through my whole body so fast I almost drop to the floor. Luckily Loki sees my unsteadiness rushes to me and holds me up. "Are you ok?" He whispers loud enough so that only I can hear. I nod giving him a slight smile and turn to the scene that is unfolding before us.

"Why did you bring us back?" Thor questions his father angrily.

"Do you realize what you've done? What you've started?" Odin replies.

"I was protecting my home."

You cannot even protect your friends! How do you hope to protect a kingdom?" Odin yells. "Get him to the healing room! Now!" he yells again gesturing at Fandral. Sif and the warriors three jolt into action like they were waiting for his order before moving to help their friend.

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act." Thor argues. "The Jotuns must learn to fear me, just as they once feared you."

Loki sighs knowing that Thor is digging himself into a hole he might not be able to get out of this time. Thor and his father has always argued, but this time he has taken it too far. "Thor-" I start trying to reason with him.

"That's pride and vanity talking, not leadership." Odin interrupts. "You've forgotten everything I've taught you about a warrior's patience."

"While you wait and be patient, the nine realms laughs at us! The old ways are done! You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls." I cross my arms knowing that this will be one of their infamous shouting contests that, if we were in the palace, would be no secret to anyone within a five-hundred yard radius.

"You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy!" Odin bursts out.

"And you are an old man and a fool!" Thor shoots back making Odin's eyes have a look of sadness that I haven't seen in quite some time. Odin was never one to show emotion. Thor has gone too far this time, I can feel the air in the room that was so tense just a second ago shift into the sadness reflected in Odin's eyes.

"Yes. I was a fool to think you were ready." Odin says quietly looking the floor with such sadness and disappointment in his eyes I see Thor has truly hurt him.

"Father-" Loki starts, taking a step forward letting my arm go, causing Odin to yell incoherently at him. If this situation wasn't so serious I might've found humor in how Odin just shouted. I can see Loki's honestly hurt, but is trying not to show it. Even when he's trying to break up their fight it seems he can't get a word in.

"Thor Odison, you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war!" Odin says putting the sword into the slot getting ready to open the bridge.

I'm honestly scared for Thor, I gasp when Odin goes over to him and I take Loki's hand squeezing it out of fear and he squeezes back letting me know he's here. "You are unworthy of these realms," Odin says ripping one of Thor's metals of honor off him. "You're unworthy of your title!" he yells ripping off half of his cape. "You are unworthy! Of the loved ones you have betrayed." He continues looking into his eyes. Thor looks as if he as tears in his eyes, something even I can say is a rare sight.

Odin takes a moment as if considering any other way he could do this, but seeing no other way he continues "I now take from you your power." He says and Mjolnir leaves Thor hand and goes into the king's. "In the name of my father and his father before." He continue ridding Thor of his armor on his arms. "I, Odin All-father, cast you out!" he yells giving Thor a push with Mjolnir's power ridding him of the rest of his armor and thrusting him through the bridge and into a realm only Odin knows where.

At this point Loki goes over to the gate looking into it like he can't belief what he just saw. "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." Odin says into the hammer and then throws it in after Thor.

I feel a tear escape me from sadness at my friend's exile and I quickly wiped at my face to get rid of any dampness. "My king." I say hesitantly.

"Yes, Amril" He says with great weariness in his voice.

"Will Thor be allowed back?"

"If he ever proves himself worthy to be a good leader." Odin answers and finally turning to look at me. "Loki, take her to the healing room."

I look down at myself in confusion and see that I was cut along my side and blood was trickling down my side. "Oh, wow," The adrenaline must have kept me from feeling it happen. I wonder for a split second where and when it could've happened but I shake my head thinking that it's not of consequence. My thoughts turn to Thor and I wonder where he is and if he'll be safe where the All-Father has put him.

Loki walks over and holds my arm, the blood loss is probably why I've been feeling unsteady since we got back. We start to walk across the rainbow bridge and as we get to Heimdall "Wait," I say causing Loki to stop tugging me along. "Heimdall, is Thor alright?"

Heimdall is quiet for a moment before replying. "Yes, he has people looking after him."

"Thank you." I say and put a hand on his arm to show that I truly am thankful before nodding to Loki and continuing the slow journey to the healers. By the time we're halfway across the rainbow bridge it seems Loki has lost his patience and picks me up and carries me the rest of the way.