Part 9

We take our place to Odin's right, Loki next to Frigga and I'm between him and Sif. We wait for everyone to get into place before Odin sends a guard to tell Thor to hurry up and come down.

When Thor finally starts down the path he starts to swagger down the aisle throwing and catching Mjolnir and encouraging the crowd to cheer. This isn't making his ego any smaller, I can say for a fact, to which Sif appears to agree with me as she whispers "Oh, please," and rolls her eyes.

I hold in a chuckle at her response, but even for all of Thor's bravado I can tell that he is truly happy about this moment. That's something I admire about him, he can enjoy a moment without worrying about the future. His smile says it all, I'm happy that he's happy, I can't wait for him to be crowned and our engagement to be called off.

When he finally gets to the steps before the throne he kneels down and takes off him helmet in respect for his king and father. He grins up at Frigga and sends her a confident wink to which he shakes her head disapprovingly and he sends the warriors three a smile. Odin stands and hit the ground with his scepter calling for silence in the hall.

"Thor Odinson," The king begins swearing Thor in. "My heir, my first born." I know he has a flare for the dramatic, but I never expected my king to start tearing up. "So long entrusted with the mighty hammer, Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star, its power has no equal as a weapon to destroy or a tool to build. It is a fit companion for a king. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the nine realms from the time of the great beginning. Though the day has come that you take over this responsibility."

To be quite honest I started to zone out, not that I don't find this important. I just easily get bored unfortunately. I take in the crowd, the anticipation hanging in the air, something just feels off. I can't tell what it is but it's unnerving. If we weren't in the middle of this I would go do a round with the guards to make sure everything is alright. As soon as this is over that's exactly what I'm going to do and as I can tell it's coming closer to the end I make myself focus.

"Do you swear to guard the nine realms?" Odin asks.

"I swear," Thor answers with as much sincerity as he can muster. I take Loki's hand in mine without anyone noticing. I know this must be hard for him, Thor has seemed to always get everything out of life, but I wish for Loki to know that despite what he thinks, he isn't alone. I also know he's not the only one needing stability right now, I feel anxious for this to be over so I can go around the palace checking on everything.

"Do you swear to preserve the peace," Odin again asks Thor.

"I swear."

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the realm?" Odin asks stressing this question more than the others.

"I swear!" Thor shouts raising Mjolnir.

"Then, on this day, I, Odin All-Father, proclaim you..." Odin says it seems taking a pause for dramatic effect, but then the look on his face changes and he starts to look up and into the distance. Thor notices and his grin starts to fall. "The Frost Giants." The All-Father suddenly exclaims and thuds his spear into the floor using his power to eradicate the problem it seems.

He starts to rush off the weapons vault Thor, Loki, and I following closely. Damn, I knew something was off, I just hope that Odin acted in time. I see the doors getting closer as we walk to it, or rather their walking, I have to jog to keep up. We get there in time to see the Destroyer go back into its cage.

The guards that were here are all dead and frost and ice is everywhere and I start to shiver cursing the revealing, formal dress I'm in. Loki seems to notice and unclasps his cape and puts it around me, I smile in thanks. I look at the guards and think about the sympathy letters someone is going to have to write for their families.

I look at Loki and find myself mesmerized because the room is full of reflective ice his green eyes seem to be glowing. I want so badly to reach forth and touch his cheek and know for a fact he's thinking of me. I want to embrace him so badly right now I find myself biting my lower lip and staring at him. I look at his eyes again and see he's staring at me and sparing glances at my lips. To be quite honest, if Odin wasn't in the room I would kiss Loki here and now.

"The Jotuns must pay for what they've done!" Thor exclaims startling me out of my reverie. I sigh knowing this is going to blow out into some big argument, Thor has always disliked Frost Giants. Now that we know that they are the cause for this he's going to want them to be held accountable for their crime.

"They have paid, with their lives," Odin answers calmly putting the Casket of Ancient Winters back into its place on the pedestal. "The Destroyer did its work, the casket is safe, and all is well."

"All is well?" Thor asks as if he can't belief what his father is saying. "They broke into the weapons vault, if the Frost Giants had stolen even one of these relics-"

"They didn't" Odin said cutting Thor off all the while staring at the Casket as if thinking about what is to be done.

"Well, I want to know why." Thor exclaims. Loki and I send a look knowing that he's out of line and is going to get into an argument. One of the differences between us and Thor is he's more aggressive and while that's good on the battlefield it isn't a very good quality for a king to have.

"I have a truce with Laufey, king of the Jotuns."

"He just broke your truce!" Thor says still not understanding that nothing can be done and keep the peace. "They know you are vulnerable." He continues and Odin turns around. I take in my breath and start to hold it knowing this will not end well that Thor just insulted his father.

"What action would you take?" Odin asks clearly testing his son.

"March into Jotunheim as you once did. Teach them a lesson, Break their spirits so they'll never dare to try to cross our borders again." Thor answers angrily.

"You're thinking only as a warrior" Odin points out what Loki and I are both clearly thinking.

"This was an act of war!"

"It was the act of but a few, doomed to fail." He says keeping calm.

"Look how far they got!"

"We will find the breach in our defenses and it will be sealed." Odin tries to teach his heir.

"As king of Asgard-" Thor starts.

"But you're not king!" Odin yells finally having enough of Thor's childish behavior, stunning him into silence. I take Loki's hand needing support, I fear for Thor being punished, but his father continues "Not yet." He leaves us to our thoughts and Thor storms out.

"Well then, that was" I pause unsure of what to say.

"I know," Loki replies giving my hand a quick squeeze before he lets go of it, we follow Thor to make sure he isn't going to start a fight with someone.

A/N: Merry Christmas! Hope yours was awesome.