Stay Alive Part 16

I throw open the iron door to see a man standing over Loki who is strapped to a metal chair, completely immobilized. They even have his head strapped down and now I see why, the man is trying to sew Loki's mouth shut. "Stop!" I shout and walk slowly towards them with my back and head as straight as I was trained to have them. I force knowing power and calmed rage into my body language. I demand respect and he will listen to me or face consequences.

The interrogator looks at me nervously as I slowly make my way over to them taking my time to stare the man down. "Who gave you permission to torture him?" I asks trying to restrain my rage. The drips of water falling from a bucket of the table full of torture devices is my only answer. The man is looking as if he was contemplating if he should answer me. I've finally had enough of his silence "I suggest you answer me, while you still have a tongue to answer with," I command on the brink of yelling.

"The king told me to get answers using any means needed," the interrogator whimpers.

"Release him," he looks at me showing his undeniable terror. "Now!"

"My lady, the king said-"

"If you do not release him right now the king will be the least of your worries," the look in his eyes shows me he doubts this and his lack of movement showed he had no intention of doing as I demanded. "You know what I can do in one day along, don't you? In a weakened state nonetheless," I ask walking closer to where I'm invading his personal space and my face is in his. It's times like these that I curse my shorter stature, if I was taller this would be more intimidating.

He nods and I continue "Then you will know what I am capable of. You will know that I am not someone to be trifled with and if you have any loved one within a thousand mile radius of this city... I suggest you send them away. It can be a dangerous city when the king's eye is turned to something more important. I will make sure that when I am done with you, you will have wished that death was a comfort I would offer you. Now if you don't want this horrendous fate, then I suggest you untie the prince and hand him over to me. Oh, and don't tell the king of our little chat will you, darling?"

He slowly backs away from me while I'm speaking and by the time I'm done he's shaking with fear. He loosens the restraints that held Loki, never once letting his eyes leave mine and he leaves quickly. Once he was gone I run over and kneel before him undoing his leg restraints which the interrogator didn't get to. "Can you walk?" He nods his head and I realize that I'm going to have to get the stitches the man did, out. I haul him up and make him use me as support.

We make it out of the room and begin out slow journey to his cell. We're so slow we're practically crawling. Once we do get there the guard I talked to earlier sees us and rushed over to help me, "Get his cell open, please," I tell him. Once finally get him onto his bed. "Thank you, can you get me some alcohol?" I ask.

"Ma'am?" the guard asks giving me an odd look.

"Gods, man, I'm not going to drink it. It's for him," I say pointing to Loki. "We're also going to use some clean sheets by the end of this, tell no one of what you're doing. Be quick," and he's off.

I start to work on getting the stitches out and by the time I'm done the guard is back with what I asked. "Thank you, I'm sorry for scaring you earlier."

"No my lady, it's my fault. I shouldn't have asked someone like you such questions," He says and leaves.

"Why are you doing this?" Loki asks.

"Hush, you need to be quiet if I'm going to heal your mouth," I say "I guess Odin had had enough of you voicing your thoughts," I joke trying to lighten the mood. Inwardly I think this is what Odin has always tried to do, silence Loki. I can't understand why the king hates someone he says he considered a son.