The Edge of Glory Part 2

"What just happened? Like yeah our people have suddenly turned against us but what in the hell just happened?" I all but scream just as we land. I take a quick survey of our surroundings only to find that we've landed in an extremely wooded area.

"Honestly I don't know-" Thor starts before being cut off.

"What else is new?" Loki asks but then before I can send a pleading look his way he continues "Well, what do you know?"

"Honestly not much, I was simply walking to my room to rest but as I walked along people started to mutter behind my back. I turned around to see what made the people upset only find them glaring at me when suddenly they charged. I tried to get away and eventually found myself hiding in a closet for cleaning supplies, which is where I overheard that they were also looking for you two."

"Are you sure it wasn't the chemicals going to your head?" Loki teases and I smile.

"We should get somewhere safe instead of just hanging out in the open here," I point out and start walking towards where I assume civilization should be. I hear them follow me and occasionally break out into their sibling rivalry.

"I told you that's all I heard," Thor insisted.

"Well maybe if you were more intellectually inclined you would have found out more," Loki suggests with faux innocence.

"Boys, how about instead of going for each other's' throats we try to find out where we are a safe place to stay the night," I suggest raising an eyebrow at them, but before we can even take a step we're surrounded by people on horses with foreign weapons pointed at us. I slowly raise my hands knowing that if Heimdall chose to send us here we must be safe enough to not have to worry about the locals. The boys only notice what's going on when my hands are halfway up, they follow my lead apparently coming to a conclusion close to my own.

They start asking the ordinary question "who are you,", "who's your leader,", except they end off on an odd one; "How did you get to this realm?" They seem to take a different approach suddenly and start leading us towards where we assume their city is. After a few minutes' walk we come into view of a city, and I immediately recognize it from the ancient texts.

"Alfheim," Loki breathes and we exchange a look that mixes confusion and concern. The realm of the elves, ever since the dark elves tried to take over and were banished by the other types of elves that live in this realm they warded their realm off from any visitors. They created some form of magical barrier and became a self-sustaining realm, they had mines, farms, and factories so it wasn't very hard for them to do. Which no begs the questions how in Helheim we got through, because there's no way they would've dropped their wards for even a moment.

As I suspect that asking questions of our "escort" would not do much good I decide to leave it be for now. As we come up to the gates I start to feel rather odd, like maybe I've dreamed about this place in another lifetime. I start to feel dizzy and nauseous, I stumble and Loki pulls away from the soldier holding his arms to catch my arm. "I'm fine, must be the heat," I try to explain this feeling away even though we both know that it can't be that simple.

We are quickly pulled apart and forced to keep walking. The closer we get to the gate the worse I feel and my breathing becomes labored. My head gets lighter and lighter until, unfortunately for the guard that's holding onto me as soon as we pass through the gates into the city I pass out. I feel voices calling for me that sound muddled like I'm underwater. At first, I think that it's Loki or Thor, but after a moment I'm not so sure anymore.

"Amril," A female voice whispers sounding as if she's right in front of my face. "We don't have much time, but I need you to know that your dad and I love you. I'm so sorry I'm leaving you a mess to clean up but we have... had no other choice. Stay safe."

I'm stuck in the black abyss of unconsciousness for what feels like forever. I find a tall glass of water next to my bed on a nightstand as I put the glass back I catch sight of my hands. Suddenly more slender and my fingers are longer, more ladylike and elegant. I throw the covers off of me and full on sprint to the full length mirror I spot in the corner of the room I was put in. In shock I take a step backward as I see what I'm facing; I look like an entirely different person.

Everything about this image before me is sharper than before. My collarbone seems to be lower and is more prominent than before. My shoulders, elbows, and knees are all stick out more than how they've always been, my legs and arms are thinner. My breasts and thighs are smaller and I'm not sure why but I feel like I've lost part of what makes me feminine because of that.

I cautiously take a step toward the reflection as if it might jump out at me. My eyebrows are longer and although my eyes are the same shape they seem to be kinder somehow, more inviting. I take another step closer and I'm bathed in sunlight and that's when I realize my eyes aren't just brown anymore there's a tint of green to them. My jawline remains the same but my cheeks are the slightest bit more full and so are my lips. I slowly lift my hands to my cheeks and the reflection, my reflection follows suit, if I'm being completely honest with myself I'm trying not to scream. I stalk over to the mirror and start to prod at myself.

Teeth and tongue appear to be the same, as do my ears. I strip and throw my clothes across the room and begin to spin around trying to find anymore abnormalities. The small bit of fat build up that a warrior could have seems to have shift to my hips instead of my stomach. Aside from that the only other difference seems to be that my back is arched slightly more now. I take note that my back does, unfortunately, still have the hideous scars all over it.

I hear somehow coming and I grab the sheet from off the bed and manage to wrap it around myself before they come in. The healer seeing that I'm awake is about to start asking question but before she can finish drawing a breath I start rattling off questions of my own. "What in Helheim have you done to me?"