Part 8

I am so relieved and wish I could tell Loki, but if we want our act to go right we have to keep it a secret from everyone. When people see us happily discussing our plans they don't realize we're happy because the wedding isn't going to happen.

The day of the coronation has finally arrived and everyone is bustling around making last minute preparations and I decide to go look for Loki. I find him in the library looking out a window with a book open in his hands looking rather stoic, I decide this needs to change. I walk over to him, he only gives me a glance and continues to look out the window.

I look around his shoulder to see what book he's reading and see it's one I've already read before and say "Ah, I remember that book, it was good." He just hums and continues staring out the window. I inwardly huff and continue speaking "You're about to reach the point where the boy says he-" Loki claps his hand over my mouth.

"Ok, yes my lion heart. You have my full and undivided attention. Please no spoiling the book." He requests with a chuckle knowing me too well. I've given small spoilers before when he wasn't giving me the attention I required.

I reach up and hit his helmet gently and say jokingly "Nice horns, but what in the nine realms are you supposed to look like?"

Loki let out a quiet laugh and says "I don't know, why don't you guess?"

"Hmm," I start to circle him. "Well from the green you remind me of a serpent so maybe a horned serpent, but you're much too lovely to be a snake," I say playfully. "Tell me, oh wise trickster, just who do you wish to be."

He take his helmet off looking mischievously into my eyes and ask "Who do you wish me to be?"

"Ah, isn't that the real question, one I'm afraid I can't answer. I wouldn't ever want to change you, not for all realms in the world would I have you change." I answer smugly, knowing this gives me an upper hand. I run my hand through his hair smoothing down the hairs that came out of place when he took his helmet off.

"Hmm," he hummed coming so close our lips were almost touching. He stayed that way giving us both space to torture each other with closeness, but never once touching. He then took a large step backwards away from me. "Well don't you wish for me to change into the person that could easily kiss you despite your intimidating beauty?" he says mischievously.

"Oh no, dear sir, for I know something you don't," I say tilting my head towards the floor and look at the tile.

"Oh? And just what could that be?" he asked smugly.

"I enjoy a good chase." I whisper confidently as I raise only my eyes to look at him. I see him lick his lips as if wishing to feel mine against his, but he is unsure of what to do. He takes a step towards me and I lift my head slightly shocked, that he would act on our banter, and worried. I know that if we were actually to kiss it would cross the invisible line that can't be touched until after it's made known that Thor and I aren't going to marry.

I turn around and trying to keep everything playful I throw over my shoulder "I enjoy this dance of ours," And with that I walk out.

I hear him follow me and ask "May I escort you to the coronation, Amril?" I answer by taking his arm in mine and continue walking to the throne room. I can't wait to be able to actually hold his hand and feel his lips against mine, but it can't be done for who knows what the All-Father would do.

We find Thor in a hallway by himself waiting for the time he can burst out and make a glorious entrance. Loki goes to stand next to him and I stand slightly behind them wondering how long it is until the coronation starts.

"Nervous brother?" Loki asks causing Thor to laugh.

"Have you ever known me to be nervous?"

Loki hums and starts proving him wrong "There was the time in Nornheim."

I start chuckling at the memory and Thor argues "That was not nerves brother that was the rage of battle."

"Ah, I see," Loki comments sarcastically.

"Must have been a mighty rage." I add trying not to laugh.

"How else could I have fought my way through a hundred warriors and pulled us out alive."

"Yeah you did it all by yourself, Thor." I say rolling my eyes.

"Yes as I recall I was the one who veiled us in smoke to ease our escape." Loki agrees and Thor starts chuckling. I notice a servant come up with a goblet of wine for Thor and I wonder almost sarcastically to myself where Loki's and mine are?

"Yes, some do battle, others just do tricks," Thor says and the servant chuckles.

"Low blow Thor. Loki's not the only one to use magic in battle in this room," I remind him.

Loki looks at the chuckling servant and twists him hand, causing the servant to grow very nervous. Suddenly snakes start to come out of the cup causing the servant to yelp and drop the tray carrying the cup allow with the snakes who start to slither on the ground. The servant looks up at Loki in fear and he chuckles.

"Loki, now that was just a waste of good wine," Thor complains.

"Oh, it was just a bit of fun, right my friend?" Loki assures them with faux innocence and waves his hand making the snakes disappear. The servant scurries off to his next task.

"Wicked, Loki, not nice at all," I say sarcastically scolding him. "Although, it was rude of him not to bring enough for Loki and I, as well." This causes the boys to chuckle and I crack a smirk at my own joke. A guard comes up bringing Thor's awful bird looking helmet and I cringe, shaking my head at the awful looking thing.

"Oh, nice feathers," Loki says sarcastically.

"You don't really want to start this again do you? Cow?" Thor laughs and gestures to Loki's helmet.

"So that's why you wouldn't tell me what is was," I snicker and see Loki's cheeks turn the slightest shade of pink.

"I was being sincere," Loki says trying to ignore my comment.

"You're incapable of sincerity," Thor shoots back.

"Am I?"

"Yes!"

"I've looked forward to this day as long as you have. You're my brother and my friend. Sometimes I'm envious, but never doubt I love you." Loki says completely serious.

"Cue the sappy romantic music," I whisper.

Thor claps Loki's shoulder gently and sincerely says "Thank you."

"Now give us a kiss." Loki says causing both Thor and I to laugh.

"Stop it," Thor says and lightly punches Loki's chest.

"My thoughts exactly, I thought you two were going to have to put of the coronation to confess your love to each other. So sappy both of it. It's so sweet... it makes me ill." I saw causing their laughter to grow. "Anyways, Loki and I have to get to our places next to the All-Father."

"Brother," Loki says and dips his head walking a head a few steps and then waits for me.

"Thor," I say silently telling him to give me his full attention. "Don't drop Mjolnir, don't trip on your cape, I would say try not to get over egocentric but we both know that's not going to happen, and... good luck." I give him a quick hug and go to Loki.

"Who's being sappy now?" Loki says on our way to our places.

"Shut up, Loki," I laugh.