Stay Alive Part 12

"We're just looking into him becoming a part of a program we're putting together. Oh, and giving him this," He pulls out an envelope out of his formal jacket when we get in the car at the airport to go to the expo.

"Which is?"

"We're making sure he goes to a court hearing," he says and puts the envelope back in his pocket. He announces that we're here and I look out the window. I see a person with ginger hair pass by our car as we wait in a short line for a valet and I change my hair to her color.

"What?" I ask feeling him watch me.

"Nothing just, nice color."

"Thanks. My hair is practically white so I don't want to have people staring at us, secret agency and all that, right?" He hums in agreement and get out of the car. We go take our seats and wait for someone to come one stage. After a few moments a few girls in red and gold bikinis with lights between their breasts and on their hands show up and start dancing. A song by AC DC is playing and suddenly a man in a red and gold metal suit lands roughly on a white platform. The floor below him moves to make way for technology that takes off the suit to show a man in a formal suit.

I'm wondering how it didn't get wrinkled at all under all that metal when I hear Coulson sigh "He hasn't changed at all".

"You've met him before?" I yell to be heard over the cheering of the crowd he just nods and we continue to watch. The girls eventually stop dancing and the song starts playing.

"Oh, it's good to be back!" He explains as he claps for the dancers. He finally turns to the audience "You missed me. I missed you too."

"Blow somethin' up!" a man yells from the audience.

"Blow something up? Already did that," He takes a pause before continuing.

"This man is so egotistical I'm surprised the crowd is actually buying all of this," I whisper to Coulson.

"You'd be surprised how many people don't just buy it, but love it," He whispers back. He continues to speak and the cues video to play that's apparently his father, talking about how helpful this place could be. Stark comes back on stage says a few more words and then says good bye.

"That's our cue," Coulson says standing up. We go outside and I take the envelope from his jacket pocket. "Woah, what are you doing?"

"Look, from what I saw of this guy I seriously doubt he's actually going to listen to you if you tell him to do literally anything. You could tell him to go to Paris and he'd go to Rome just to prove how much of a 'rebel' he is. However, if a beautiful woman politely asks him to go, do you really think he'd say no?"

He sighs "Damn it, you're right. Look just don't do anything stupid, and don't go anywhere with him, he's very-"

"Already had my heart broken, you don't need to warn me, papa Coulson," I tease and before he can say anything the crowd separates us. I find a very shiny, fancy car waiting outside the door I know Stark is coming out of and I can tell within first glance that it's his car. As I lean on his car I'm reminded of just how tall I am on Midgard. I'm 5' 8" which is short for an Asgardian, although I suppose I'm not of Asgard, not really. But still, I'm used to being the short one, now that I'm considered tall it's very empowering. I stand over almost everyone.

Finally Stark and his guard come out and I hear him ask "Does she come with the car?"

"I certainly hope so," His guard answers and I resist the urge to roll my eyes as I get off the car.

"Hi," Stark says and I greet him in the same way smiling flirtatiously "And you are?"

"Marshall," I say, judging by how fast he's talking this guy is clearly all about speed.

"Irish," He comments.

"Nice to meet you, Tony," I say as I shake his hand.

"I'm on the wheel, you mind?" He asks his guard as he heads to the trunk to put something in it. "Where are you from?" He turns his attention back to me.

"Bedford," I answer simply, it's a good thing I have my cover story memorized.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, passing closely by me to get in the driver's seat.

"Looking for you," I answer honestly knowing how he'll take it.

"Oh, well, you found me," He mumbles and starts to flirt heavier "What are you up to later?"

"Serving subpoenas," Technically this is not a lie as a few seconds from now will be later. I hold out the envelope.

"Yikes," He mumble as the guard leans over and take the envelope for Stark.

"He doesn't like to be handed things," He explains.

"Yeah I have a peeve for that," Stark explains.

"I'll, uh, I got it," the guard says as Stark runs a hand over his forehead now frustrated that he knows he's not getting anything from me.

"You are hereby ordered to appear before the Senate Armed Services committee, tomorrow morning at nine a.m.," I say keeping my tone light and almost flirty.

"Can I see the badge?" Stark asks.

I panic slightly but flirt while I reach behind my back pretending to get it while really I'm making it with magic "You want to see the badge?"

"He likes to see the badge," the guard explains.

I quickly finish and hold it in front of me for them to see. "Still like it?" I flirt hoping to draw their attention off just in case I made a mistake.

"Yep," Stark answers and starts the car. I step back and widen my smile knowing that I got away with it. "How far are we from D.C.?" He asks his guard.

"D.C.? Two hundred and fifty miles." He answers and Stark pulls away quickly.

"That went better than expected, were you trained for this before?"

"You're trained for a lot of things when you're close to the royal family," I say and we start walking back to valet.

"By any chance do you know Thor?"

"Of course he's like a brother to me," I see the look of apprehension on this face as I say this. I laugh "Don't worry, I'm not nearly as destructive as he is." We eventually stop at a hotel "What are we doing here?"

"You said you wanted to learn more about S.H.I.E.L.D.? It's a lot of waiting unfortunately, we've got another agent, Natasha Romanoff, keeping a close watch on him and if we're needed we're going to help out however we can."

So we waited, we kept seeing Tony Stark pull a lot of stunts but we haven't called for yet. So I decide to torture Coulson. I find out he sucks at Uno. He doesn't like to play twenty questions but I make him anyway by being annoying if he doesn't. You learn a lot about someone when you're trapped with them for a while. Finally we get a call and we hop on a plane to Malibu, Stark's home.

AN:
I plan on releasing another extra one either around midnight or whenever I wake up tomorrow morning to ring in the new year. As I said a chapter or two ago chapter 13 is when Loki comes in so we're going to be starting off the new year right!