The Edge of Glory Part 17

We get word back from Stark that night that he's found the kid he's had his eyes on and that he's bringing the kid around tomorrow morning. After dinner we try to spend time getting to know each other but there's a lot of awkward silences and Loki trying to not let me catch him glaring at Strange. I finally end the awkwardness as I fake a yawn and excuse myself, heading for upstairs. Despite that fact that my yawn is obviously fake no one says anything. Not too long after I leave I hear yelling from downstairs.

     I sigh as I roll my eyes but do nothing. I won't be around every time that they have a fight so I don't bother to check on them. If they're able to figure thing out now then maybe being in the battlefield together will be easier. I hear a crash downstairs and quickly take a magical peep downstairs to see Loki trying to fight Strange but Thor is trying to be mediator. Trust your instinct, Amril... Sigyn, don't stop them.

     I take a deep breath and draw myself a bath. The clatter eventually comes to an end and I hear someone stomping up to my room before entering. The door to the bathroom is thrown open and I see an angry look on Loki's face. When he see's me lounging in the tub he sits on the floor beside me and rests his head on the edge. I begin running my hand through his hair and playing with it. I feel the waves of anger flowing off him slowly ebbing to a halt.

     It takes a while to calm Loki down so by the time I feel like he's ready to move the water is too cold to be comfortable. I get out of the tub and I feel Loki watching the water slide down my body. I glance over my shoulder suggestively and I see a hungry look overcome his face. "There's other people here," I start and see an disappointed look overcome his face. "How quiet do you think you can be?"

     "As quiet as you need me to be," He all but growls. I hum before taking his lips and lead him into the bedroom. He keeps his word and stays quiet, but with the way he treats me it's harder for me to not make much noise.

     After we finish I lay on Loki's chest as we try to catch our breath. "So what was the argument about? And was that a couch I saw you throwing?"

     He chuckles "He brought up how 'good of a hold you have over me' and technically I think it was a lounge chair. The key word in what you said there is 'was' it broke on impact." I laugh but think about what he just said. They're all counting on "how good of a hold I have over him" but honestly for the most part I think I only ... try to tell him what to do.

     "You know I'm not trying to control you, right?" I ask with concern in my voice. I lift my head so I can look into Loki's eyes. He tries to say yes but I quickly start rambling into my reasoning. "Because the only reason why I try to tell you not to do things is so you stay out of trouble so we can stay by each other's side. I just want you to be happy and I'm sorry if you think-"

     Loki quickly cuts me off with a gentle kiss. "I know, sometimes I just want to do things and I'm not sure why. Honestly," He starts to get quieter. "I'm concerned that it's a leftover effect from Thanos controlling my mind."

     I nod, trying to think about how to proceed. "Do you think you will be able to fight Thanos? Will you be able to keep your mind protected at all times around him?"

     As Loki lays on his back with his hand folded on his stomach he stares at the ceiling. He's quiet for a moment as he tries to think of an answer. I watch him, both concerned for him and knowing that if he says no that it'd be better for all of us if he got as far away as he can get. "If you're with me I believe that I'll be able to fight him off. It takes him longer than you'd think to actually get a hold on someone's mind, he must have been putting things into place to take over Asgard for a while."

     I nod seriously while mumbling "Ok." I have to trust that he knows himself well enough to know if he can fight or not. I get up and go to clean myself off. Once I turn the water off I hear voices coming from the adjacent bedroom. I start to dry myself off when I hear someone leave before there's a knock at the door.

     "Stark is almost here and Rogers will be here tomorrow," Loki says through the door. I open the door and suddenly we here crashing downstairs again. I give Loki a look that tells him just how tired of this shit I am. "Or maybe he could be here now," Loki corrects himself smirking softly. We get up and walk to the banister to watch them. A boy in a skin tight red and blue costume with a spider on the front is apologizing profusely about breaking something.

     "Honestly I think you need to hero proof this house, Strange," I call drawing attention to the both of us. Loki's jealousy immediately peaks through as he puts an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to his side.

     "I really am sorry," The kid starts again but Strange just waves him off. Strange nods at me, seeming to make a mental note of my suggestion. He walks off, probably to start on that as Loki and I come down to introduce ourselves. Peter seems to be slightly wary of Loki but he quickly picks up that no one else is freaking out. He keeps glancing at Loki nervously but he doesn't say anything.

     Luckily for us the rest of the night goes more smoothly. When I wake up and start moving around the place I find that most of the breakable items have been moved. Later Loki tells me he found a door with a sign that says not to enter without Strange's supervision or express permission. We turn on the news to something surprising. Four aliens are killing all of Chitauri and that's when I realize something. The Chitauri aren't with Thanos, they've been running from him.

     "They were here trying to hide?" Loki guesses under his breath and I shake my head in disbelief.

     "He's lost any use for them," I realize and stare as we watch, what the media is saying to be the last of the Chitauri, be irradiated.