The Edge of Glory Part 18

These are bits that were never published before.

       I stare in disbelief at the TV with my mouth hanging open. "We have to do something," Loki voices my thoughts. "Sigyn?" I snap my mouth closed. I turn my head to look at him and force determination into my eyes.

     "Let's do this," I say with a sturdy voice. Loki stays with the TV and I run banging on people's doors and yelling. "What's the catchphrase?"

     Tony is the first one to stumble out of his room. The look of him he's been awake all night, probably working on something. "Catchphrase?"

     I stop in my tracks and jog back to him. "Yeah, I thought hero groups on earth like having a catchphrase."

     He kinda stares at me in tired confusion. "Avengers assemble?" I immediately take the phrase and begin yelling it as I run down the hall. I then run back downstairs. Loki's eyes are still glued to the TV. Everyone starts filing in. Loki fills us in on the locations that the media has said where the super powered aliens are.

     "Wait, what's going on?" Spiderboy asks.

     "The Chituari, the aliens that came through the weird space portal, have all been destroyed. By the look of things they were running from those... people."

     "And this is a problem because?" Stark proposes.

     "What do you think is going to happen now that they're done with the Chituari, Stark?" I all but growl. He looks at me and nods.

     "As you were yelling then, Avengers assemble," Start sighs. Everyone gets a move on going this way and that. Some take on the role of trying to protect anyone on the front line, some go for trying to evacuate whoever remains, and the rest of us head straight for the fight.

     "You might want to put that time stone in your back pocket!" Tony suggests over the sound of the gusting winds of the space ships engines. Strange's place has some fantastic noise control.

For After the War

     It's been seven and a half months since we defeated Thanos. I'm dealing with Loki's absence better than last time. Although then again it might be because I can't help but have at least a small amount of denial. Who wouldn't be in denial if they've seen their lover "die" twice only to come back and then when it happens again not believe it one hundred percent.

     I tell myself that I've been too busy rebuilding my realm to miss Loki, one of the bigger lies that I've told myself. I have meetings almost all day for updates on building and my people, problem solving, and realms asking about either possible political matches or alliances. But when the night comes and I have to just be with myself I'm reminded by my loneliness. I still hear from Thor and Eliina but it's not the same.

     I try to find things to keep myself busy, whether it be with meetings or learning more about my realm or my parents. I realize why my parents kept Steg around, despite his monotonous voice he's trustworthy and does his job very well. He's been telling me that I have to start allowing emissaries into my kingdom so that we can become stronger when it comes to allies. I hesitantly listen to his advice but I start off with the people that I would be most comfortable with; Asgardians. Messages are sent back and forth between Thor and I about when his ambassador can come over so we can have a written document for our agreement.

     For the best of our realms relationship we picked someone that we both know wouldn't steer either of us wrong; Eliina. She's still trying to find her way around the task of ambassador but because of the fact that Thor and I have a good relationship her job isn't very hard. Plus it pays better, which is a happy bonus for Eliina and her wife since they've been looking into getting an impregnation. She promised that as soon as the baby is born that they bring the child over so I can see it.

     It takes takes Eliina a day to get ready for her to come over and get everything signed. Because Thor also has a very busy schedule he isn't able to physically join us. Eliina and her small party arrives at nice because of some last minute wording adjustments happening to the physical copies of our treaty. I greet the party outside when they arrive and notice someone with a cloak hiding their face. As I embrace Eliina I whisper "Who's that?"

     She grins and says loudly "I think that's our cue to go inside. Although you should enjoy the outside night's air, Amril." All except for the person in the cloak move to go inside and I watch them with confusion.

     I turn back to the person in the cloak and I catch a glimpse of his face. "Loki," I whisper and slowly walk up to him. Loki pushes the hood off his head and I see that he's grown a small beard since I've seen him last. We pull each other quickly into a passionate kiss. The feeling of his warm lips pressed against mine surprises me with how comforting it is. "I missed you."

     "I missed you too, my love," He murmurs back.

     "I love you too," I mumble before pulling him back in for another kiss.

     Once we finally break away from each other's embrace we take a moment just to be in each other's presence. Loki finally breaks the silence with a question. "Do you like the beard?"

     "I hate it," I admit laughing wholeheartedly and he joins in.

     "Well then, I'll be sure to shave it tomorrow," Loki promises.

     "What about tonight?" I ask with a mischievous smile that hints at what I want his response to be.

     Loki understands right away, our time apart hasn't changed anything. "My schedule tonight will be too full to shave." I grin. I wait a beat before I start sprinting to my room with Loki chasing closely behind.

End Card (or at least what it was going to be)

(written in May 2018)

     I started this story on the about two years ago. I honestly can't believe it's done (or rather almost done since I wrote this before it became a fact). I started publishing it about a month later. Honestly with the writing slumps that I've been in I've had in the past two years I'm surprised that I was able to finish it. I remember when I started publishing this every single read was exciting and at the time of writing this I'm about to hit 2k in my first book which is actually unbelievable.

     When I go back and read what I wrote in the first book I can't help but cringe because my writing is pretty bad. But that's also what makes me happy that I finished this because it's awesome to see how my writing has progressed. I was super awkward when I first started posting this too, I would never post anything but the story but look at me now. Writing something just for you, yes you, dear reader. I was super nervous about coming off as weird or that no one would want to read what I wrote if I had any Author's Notes.

     If you guys have any questions you can comment or dm me, thank you!

FUN FACTS

     All the names of these books come from names of song. (The King and The Lionheart by Of Monsters and Men, Stay Alive by Lin-Manuel Miranda ;) in the Hamilton soundtrack, and The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga)

Started writing on August 14, 2016, started publishing September 9, 2016.

I finished writing on XX/XX/XXXX and finished publishing on XX/XX/XXXX

The King and The Lionheart (1) has 28,687 words and 147,435 letters.

Stay Alive (2) has 43,009 words and 220,739 letters.

The Edge of Glory (3) has XXX words and XXXX letters.

All together I wrote XXXXX words and XXXXX letters.

Present me: Sorry that there are empty spaces but it's obvious why they aren't filled.