Stay Alive Part 27

We get in the car and my mind still wonders to Loki and the possibility of him still living. "Focus! This is important," I hear Darcy say once we get there and I look back to find that she's talking to Ian. I'm glad that I'm not being scolded by my new friend and get out of the car to help unload the science equipment. "We have to hammer them in all around the site and then Jane and Erik will activate the, from the tower."

"They're taped together," Ian complains looking at Darcy and I. I hear the equipment starts to beep and I take a step back eyeing it warily.

"Do you even know what these things do?" Darcy asks putting her hands up to emphasize her point.

"Um... no," Ian says looking back at her for an explanation.

Darcy pauses before admitting "Neither do I."

"Science," I whisper making Darcy laugh.

We all rush to our positions to put the devices in their places. We got off in teams of two Darcy with Ian, Selvig with Jane, and I with Thor. Suddenly people start screaming and I look up to see a Dark Elf ship materializing and "landing" in the yard that Darcy and Ian are placing their devices. By the time that the ship has stopped, most everyone has evacuated the yard.

Malekith and some Dark Elves are coming out of the ship when Thor finally arrive. "You needn't have come so far, Asgardians," Malekith says as I run over to stand next to Thor. "Death would've come to you soon enough."

"Not by your hand," Thor says getting closer and getting ready to fight.

"Your universe was never meant to be," Malekith shot back. "Your world and your family with be extinguished!" He shouts pushing both Thor and I back with the Aether. Thor gets up and I scramble over to lay on my stomach to look at Malekith. He shoots the Aether out again knocking Thor to the ground.

While Malekith is retracting the Aether for another use I get to my knees and through one of daggers with bounces off his armor. "Shit!" I yell ducking another attack. I can't get a good enough stance at such a low angle. Thor gets up and this time when he is hit with the Aether he has a good enough stance to only be pushed back. I see the grass and dirt crumbling underneath his feet as he remains on his feet.

When the Aether is retracted again Thor says as I stand once more "You know, with all that power, I thought you'd hit harder," Malekith starts charging up the Aether to hit us harder than before.

"It's like Jotunheim all over again," I say and then Thor launches Mjolnir at Malekith sending him flying through a pillar and landing on a car judging by the sound.

"You and I remember Jotunheim very differently," Thor says and then flies over to Malekith fighting him and I start fighting the Dark Elves that came off of the ship. I see the holes in the sky caused by the convergence getting ready to start get bigger out of the corner of my eye. Then suddenly a pulse comes from one of Jane's devices and disappear a few of the Dark Elves.

"That was a big help," I quietly thank Jane and Darcy as I continue trying to hold them off for long enough to give Jane enough time for her machine to do their stuff. I would wonder where they went but I'm slightly preoccupied as I gut a Dark Elf and move on to the next few. I see Thor thrown from a hit by Malekith and go flying right back at him with great force. I laugh as I cut down another Elf.

I feel a small cut on my arm and I turn around to find a Dark Elf trying to take me on. I give him a "Bitch, did you really just?" look and kick him flat in the chest sending him through a building. I contemplate all the money that will be needed to rebuild this whole area after the fight while I continue to fight.

As I finish I look over and see Jane and Dr. Selvig running from Dark Elves. I run over to help but as I reach them Jane uses the device in her hand and make them disappear like she did to the ones earlier. Darcy and Ian are now standing where the Dark Elves where. Well, I say standing but Darcy was actually dipping Ian into a rather romantic looking kiss.

"Darcy?" Jane asks confusedly.

"Damn," I say grinning.

"Jane!" Darcy exclaims dropping Ian on him back.

"Ian!" Selvig says almost disapprovingly.

"Darcy got moves," I say coming up next to her still grinning in approval.

Darcy blushes and Ian says by way of greeting "Selvig!"

Suddenly Mjolnir flies by assumedly to wherever Thor is summoning it from. "Mew mew!" Darcy calls. I look up at the sky to see the nine realms suddenly lining up and I see Asgard and one other catches my eye. I've never been there but I can't help but feel it's similar. Alfhiem I think it is. "We're out of time," Darcy says and runs to where the ship landed.

"Jane. Jane!" Selvig calls but Darcy continues running towards the danger with me hot on her trail. Selvig runs after us.

"Thor!" Jane get his attention when we find him looking at the damage being done. "We're too late," she says as we come up next to him.

"The convergence is at its peak," Selvig confirms.

"Can those things stop him?" Thor asks gesturing to the Jane's machines that Selvig is holding.

"Not from here," Selvig sighs.

"We can't get close enough," Jane says frustrated.

"I can," Thor says and take the devices from Selvig.

"Good luck, brother," I say just loud enough for him to hear and he looks back at me to smile while he runs into danger. I wish I wasn't so useless right now but I can at least protect Jane while Thor is having to fight Malekith once more. I see Jane turning nobs on her device every time it beeps and I hope that this is a good sign.

I see Mjolnir go flying into the red cloud of Aether and I allow hope to blossom in my heart. Jane turns a nob once more and I see the red cloud disappear. We run over to see Thor passed out on the ground. "Thor! No." Jane yells running to him. She leans over trying to protect him with her body.

I run over "Move!" I command Jane and she stops leaning over him and stands. I see the tears running down her face but I can't be bothered to say sorry for being harsh as I grab Thor's feet and start to pull him away from where the ship will impact. "I won't be able to get us out of the way in time," I think but I keep trying. I know my magic wouldn't be able to hold something that big back that ways so much so I keep dragging Thor away.

"Jane!" Selvig calls also trying to make her get out of harm's way. All of the sudden I don't feel the air rushing towards us announcing our doom. I look up to see the ship being transported away somewhere and I drop Thor's legs and fall to the ground exhausted.

"Everybody ok?" Selvig asks and I hold my thumb up indicating I'll be fine. Jane leans back over Thor happy that he's ok and then I hear strange noises. I look up to see Darcy kissing Ian again. I let out a laugh and I wonder where Loki is now and how he's doing.

He's gone once again. Damn that man. I know it isn't polite to curse a loved one, but after everything he's put me through I think it's well deserved. We eventually get up and it's understood without anyone having to say a word that we have to go back to Asgard.

I look at Thor and see him try to give me a smile but fail miserably. I shoot him back a sad smile and let him have a moment alone with Jane. Let him break the news to her that we have to go back to Asgard to deal with the consequences of our actions. For the record I think we did quite a good job in not letting all nine realms go to shit and that we shouldn't be punished for saving every living creature.