The Edge of Glory Part 13

Natasha shows me how to do other things other than just how to fire a gun. She shows me how to get around easily and quickly. Apparently people call it "parkour." She shows me how to do a move and then leaves me to practice it over and over again until I can do it in less than three seconds. I fall on my butt more often than succeed at first.

I can't fail though, not if I want a chance to free Loki. He's stuck in a cell, again, this is the only way I can help, or at least alleviate some of my guilt. I scrape up my hands but I feel like I'm getting closer. I walk back into the building to try to bind my hands. I hear shouting from the floor above mine and roll my eyes.

I hear someone come up behind me and see Thor quickly run past me as I open my door. "I'm not here!" He points sternly to me.

I stare at him for a moment "Got it," I say and start to close the door.

"Where is he?" I hear Stark scream as he races through the hall "Did you see him?" He asks me as soon as he sees my door open.

"Nope just wondering what the yelling is about. But have you seen your face?" I ask him, pointing to the obnoxious amount of whip cream on his face. Stark scowls at me before stomping off. I close the door and turn around to see Thor peeking over the couch at me. I sigh and lift my hand towards him.

He slaps my hand, a bit harder than he needed to, in my opinion. "Thank you," He gasps.

"It's not like you can't take him," I point out but he shrugs.

"Yeah but we don't need to conflict," Thor points out.

"True. Nice job by the way, taking a beginner's page out of Loki and I's handbook for pranks," I compliment. He nods but his smile falters when I mention his brother. "Look, we're training for a reason, we haven't forgot about him. We are going to get him out, promise." Thor claps my shoulder before walking out. I rub my shoulder, wishing I was as strong as Thor is.

I flop onto the couch and rest my head on the cushion behind me. The glass pane I was using yesterday starts to ring. I jolt forward and press except to quickly I feel the glass wobble beneath my hand. I see Loki appear on the other side. "Hey Amril," Loki starts.

"Are you ok?" I ask immediately.

He nods "Yes, it makes you wonder just why they'd let me call you a day after I spoke to you." Loki's trying to say that they want to get information out of us.

Let's make sure to not give them any. "Could you call me Sigyn?" I ask. He cocks his head to the side in confusion. "I think after all this, I'm going to rebuild my home. I'm going to make it my own. I'd like to think you'd do the same." I can tell he understands.

If we do mange to make it out of this alive he knows where to find me. On the other hand... if one of us don't make it out of this. Loki knows I'll find my way, I'll overcome grief this time and rise above, instead of running away. If I die then I'm asking him to rebuild my realm. I'll leave him what he wanted since the beginning of this whole thing, a crown.

"I hope it doesn't come to that," Loki whispers and I can tell it's because he's getting almost as emotional as I am. "Look everyone knows that Thanos could arrive at anytime, and it will probably be sooner rather than later. I need to make sure that you know just how much I care about you."

"I know-"

"No, Sigyn, I love you. More than I can really put into words. If we get through this..." He can't seem to finish his sentence. Probably because he doesn't like speaking from his heart, I'm glad he mostly manages to get around if for me.

"I've thought the same," I admit. I want to spend forever with him. He smiles softly and the call ends abruptly. A siren goes off in the building. It must be go time.

I jump up off the couch right as Thor bursts back into the room. He sees that I'm okay before leading me back to the others. "What's going on?" I ask over the loud electronic howls.

"The city is under attack," Stark says as he looks at a screen that's somehow showing him where the attack is happening.

"Suit up," Captain America orders. Everyone runs in separate directions; most to their rooms but stark runs to his lab. Thor and I changes our clothes magically. The others find us quickly and we head out, ready for whatever is out there. We don't bother waiting and leave before the others.

We run out to find the same alien creatures that were invading New York earlier this year. The Chitauri, if I remember correctly. We begin the fight without a moment's delay. Our allies begin to join us. This makes it slightly easier but the fact of the matter is. "There's more than triple from last time," Captain America says through com system Stark gave us in case of an emergency.

As they descend from the sky, the streets and sky quickly become overrun with them. I fight several off at a time and finally when I get a moment's relief. I wipe from sweat from my face but become startled when I hear a loud roar. A leviathan flies in and runs right through a building, making me wonder just how much property damage is going to have to be paid by the end of this. Thor flies up to fight it and I get my mind back to the fight on the ground.

If Thanos is able to get his armies here he must have the space stone. I suddenly realize what the space stone is and I feel even more stupid than usual. The space stone is from the Tesseract, the only thing we've come across that has the power to teleport people across galaxies, besides the Rainbow Bridge. I glance up to see Thor trying to fight three Leviathans at once... and he's failing. He gets knocked out of the sky only to pick himself back up and keep trying.

Cap. is trying his best but he's getting surrounded by foot soldiers. Hawkeye is trying his best to keep the skies clear but he's garnered the attention from the Chitauri in the sky. Even Romanoff is having trouble with the amount of enemies we're up against. This is a battle we very clearly aren't going to win. Scarlet Witch is holding her own but the numbers are too overwhelming.

"We need to retreat!" I yell over the noise through the come system.

"We can take them!" Stark yelled back.

"Maybe for you!" I argue. That's when I see it, Barton falls to the Chitauri. I hear Romanoff scream his name.

"We're retreating, now!" Captain Rogers takes charge. "Keep your coms in so we can meet up when we're each at a safe place!" Our team scatters but I see Romanoff backing away from Barton's body slowly. I grab her arm and run, with Romanoff trailing behind me.

I know it's really hard to lose someone close to you, but she needs to move now. She rips her arm out of my grip in order to run by my side. I look to her, expecting to see her devastated face or tears. Instead I see anger; pure, unadulterated rage. Romanoff will get her revenge, or die trying.