Part 15

By the time I wake up I can tell by how bright it is and how hungry I am, it's way past breakfast. I look around the room and everything from last night comes back to me. I flop back down, cuddling into the pillow, feeling conflicted about yesterday, I'm so glad about everything that happened with Loki, but I already miss Thor. It's hard to have someone who has always been by your side ripped away from you, especially they're someone you consider a brother.

However, waking up and having the first person I see be Loki, well, I could get used to this. I continue watching him dream peacefully and I feel a small, content smile grow on my lips. Seeing him so relaxed isn't something I've had the pleasure of seeing in quite some time.

He starts to stir and I sit up and rest my chin on my arms that are propped up on my knees to properly look at him across the room on the couch. He finally completely wakes up and his eyes find mine almost immediately. "Good morning," I whisper.

"Good morning," He says his voice husky from sleep.

We stare at each other taking in each other's morning appearance and letting it sink in that the relationship between us has finally changed. Key word: finally. I can't help but wonder how growing up would've been like if we let each other know our feelings when we first felt them. I would sometimes even deny the fact that I liked him to myself. I guess one can only lie to themselves for so long.

Now that I'm thinking of it, I've never seen how Loki is when he had feelings for someone. This will be a completely new experience for both of us I wonder how or if our interactions with each other will be different and if we'll tell people or... that's actually probably a bad idea.

If we let people know that we have started seeing each other right after Thor was banished they would think that we had something to do with it. "I don't think we should tell people about us," I say softly and slowly so as to properly gauge his reaction.

I see him stiffen and clench his jaw and after a moment he asks "Do you regret it?"

"Never," I say and he lifts his head back up to look into my eyes. "I would never regret us even if it brought my death. I could never consider you a mistake no matter what happened."

I see his tension melt into happiness and I can feel him fighting back a smile "I feel the same for you. But, why would you not want others to know about this? Should they not know of our happiness?"

"I wish we could, I want to not have to hide anything from anyone, however they might suspect something underhanded of us or especially you. According to everyone else Thor and I were to be wed, but now that he has been banished and for us to be seen together right after... I don't want people to think poorly of you, especially because of me. You deserve better than for ignorant people, we don't even know, to spoil this for us."

He nods his head slowly, after a moment he sits up and reaches his hand for me. I drag myself from the bed, walk over to him, and take his hand. He softly pulls me down to sit next to him and puts his arm around my shoulder to lessen any distance that could possibly be between us.

He plants a kiss on my temple so soft it's as if he's afraid I could turn into mist at any moment and turn out to have been just a dream. He starts to run his fingers through my hair so I lie my head on his shoulder. We stare out the window enjoying the sound of each other's breather and the warmth emanating from our closeness.

After sitting like this for several minutes I hesitantly say "We should start thinking about leaving the room sometime soon." He doesn't say anything although it's obvious neither of us likes this idea, but he nods anyways. "I'm going to shower, I'll meet you in the food hall," I continue and go to my room.