Stay Alive Part 14

Four months later

I wake up to the blaring of my alarm clock and bat at the machine tiredly until it stops making noises. I look around my room wearily as I open my eyes I realize it's the one year anniversary of Loki's death. After making coffee I start on my Californian balcony in nothing but a sweater and underwear and greet the day. I try to wipe the sleep put of my eyes as the sound of the ocean waves greets me.

I finish the warm brew and watch the news to see what happening in the world I now live in. That's when I see him. Loki. Just for a split second, but I see him. I turn the volume up and hear the woman talking about the catastrophe that's happened in Manhattan, New York. I was already ready to be battling emotions today because it's the anniversary and now this.

"An alien invasion caused by Loki, brother of Thor, the beautiful god of thunder. Loki has been taken into custody of the government and will be dealt with accordingly. Hundreds of people were lost in this awful event," I scoff when I hear this. Why call something this sad an "awful event", I shake my head and turn the TV off. I've heard all I need to hear.

I would call Coulson but he refused to give me his number, probably concerned I would call him a lot. Whatever, I was able to get some other numbers that belong to S.H.I.E.L.D and got an agent on the line, I ask him what they plan to do with Loki. He tries to deny that they have him "What other part of the government would deal with aliens?" I yell at him. He just sighs and gives in.

Once he tells me they plan on sending Thor and Loki back to Asgard so they can give him the punishment he deserves. I tell him I'm going to be on the roof in an hour and by the time I get there, there had better be a helicopter there ready to take me to their headquarters. Luckily for me he listens to me. The six hour flight gave me a lot of time to think about all the thoughts and confusing feelings being dug up by this. I am happy that Loki is alive, but hurt. So incredibly hurt. The love of my life is alive and he never once tried to make contact with me.

I know that I should be more hurt over the fact that he killed so many people but I can't help but this selfish feeling. My mind brings me to thoughts of my dreams and a horrible thought is dredged up. What if he did try to contact me, through my dreams? I think back to that dreams that was months ago, but it was clearer than any I'd ever experienced. My dreams were always changing when it came to how clear they were, it always shifted depending on the world I was on. I shake my head and move on to another conflicting thought.

The love of my life is alive and a mass murder. Through his time in New York he has had a hand in hundreds of people's deaths. He probably isn't even the same person anymore, but I think I still love him... or do I just love the idea of him? This is all so confusing, but I'm sure that once I see him again I won't be able to help loving him despite everything that he's done. I sigh putting my head in my hands, relationships and emotions are very hard.

I tried to get my mind off of it and watched the news on the screen on the seat in front of me. I saw even more about the tragedy that happened in New York, it seems the whole world is talking about it, not that I mind. This gives me the opportunity to learn more about the heroes I'm going to meet. "The Avengers" they call them "Earth's Mightiest Heroes", a bit overboard if you ask me. But they did save thousands of lives so I suppose a little bit of over thankfulness can be overlooked.

The helicopter lands on a helicarrier and I jump off before the rotor even sops spinning. Natasha meets me and takes me inside to a table where everyone is watching Loki room. "Amril," Thor greets me, almost yelling, he runs over to me giving me a bone crushing hug.

"It's nice to see you too, Thor," I say once he puts me down.

"It's she-ra!" Tony says as he comes over. "So you two know each other... huh. Makes sense, so you're an Asgardian or something?"