Chapter 21

9 months later

(Just because you know theres that huge time skip to fill in Lori's pregnancy)

Andrea and I had gotten really close over the months, we worked well as a team, clearing out sections of towns and gathering useful material.

Not too long ago we found a small cabin by a lake. It wasn't much but it kept us dry and warm in the pouring rain. It also had some form of stable or shack that I had put Sol in during the bad weather, other times she just roamed freely.

Andrea cooked us some squirrel while I checked on our weapons. We were running pretty low on ammo, only about 12 bullets we shared between us. I grabbed a rock and started sharpening the knives.

"How are we doing?" Andrea asked referring to our weapons.

I sighed "not good. We should go back to that town and see if theres anything left."

"We stripped it clean, we should probably just move on." She said and set a small wooden bowl in front of me with squirrel on.

"Yeah, I guess." I started eating the food.

"I still cant believe we haven't bumped into the other group, but who knows where they are now." Andrea sighed. I looked down at my plate, I did miss the group a lot, they were good people.

"They could be on the other side of the world for all we know." I said. Andrea just nodded.

Once we finished our food we decided to move on, the cabin was good but we couldn't stay here any longer. The amount of walkers hanging around had increased, and it wouldn't stay if a herd tried to break in.

I gathered up our essentials and met Andrea outside the cabin. I let Sol out of her little corral thing and the three of us set off.

We walked for a few miles at a guess, occasionally stopping for a rest. We were about to set off again when I heard something unusual.

"Do you hear that?" I asked Andrea quietly. She looked confused for a moment and was going to speak but I silenced her.

Sol stopped grazing and put her head up with her ears pricked, she could hear it too.

"Is that...?" Andrea trailed off as we saw the helicopter in the distance.

It was flying to our right, it was jerking about a bit when suddenly it started letting off black smoke. It started descending towards the ground when it hit a tree on the way. The rest we couldn't see, we only saw black smoke rising up.

"Should we check it out? Someone might still be alive." Andrea asked.

"No. It didn't look good, they couldn't have survived that." I muttered.

"Ok even if they didn't survive, there may have been useful supplies on board. Stuff we could really use right now." Andrea reasoned. After lots of debating she managed to convince me to go have a look.

I muttered some curse words under my breath and followed Andrea across the field and back into the forest area.

We reached the wreckage, the helicopter was still smoking and was broken in half. I grabbed my knife and searched around, I slowly approached the helicopter and looked inside the part that was showing. Boxes of ammo and loose bullets were lying on the floor, I praised the lord and quickly filled all my guns with bullets. Once all my ammo was stocked up I climbed inside and searched some more.

My boot kicked something which was laying on the floor, it was a bandolier. I picked it up and slung it round my torso, stocking it with bullets also.

I could faintly hear the sound of cars coming our way, I jumped out of the helicopter and over to Andrea.

"We have to hide." I said and pulled her with me. I motioned for Sol to go, she cantered away, me and Andrea crouched behind a bush just as the cars rolled up. I readied my pistol just in case things happened.

Some men got out of the cars and started looking around. The crash must've attracted the walkers as a few came out of the trees.

One man shot the walkers in the head with an arrow and another guy went at them with a baseball bat.

"We got a breather!" The man stood by the helicopter said. Another man walked over and helped get the survivor out.

"He's saving them, we should show ourselves." Andrea whispered and was about to stand up but I held her down.

"Not yet." I replied.

The men continued walking around and stabbed things, walkers I was assuming.

Andrea shuffled a little bit and must've stood on a twig as a crack echoed through the forest. The men looked in our direction and started moving our way.

I kept dead still and held my breath. The guys kept their guns pointing at us until one of them turned away.

"Lets roll out." He said and they went back to their vehicles.

A sudden crunch sounded behind me, I spun round quickly with my gun pointed to the person.

"Ah ah. Easy does it girl." He said with his own gun pointed at me. He must've been late 40s, older maybe.

"Put down your weapons." He said. I placed my gun on the floor like he said, I didn't want to die yet.

"Thats it, let me see your hands, good now spin around." He told Andrea, seeing as I was already facing him.

Andrea slowly turned around and looked at the man, her face was a mixture of shock and fear.

"Holy shit, dang. You look good." He had yet to notice the walker creeping up on him. Part of me wanted it to get him. The walker was close, the man impaled it in the throat with his little hand bayonet.

He stood up and smiled at Andrea freakishly.

"Now how about a hug for your old pal Merle." He said, Andrea swayed a little before she fainted. I caught her before she hit the ground and gently put her down.

----

Eh some people might not like me for this but right now Chey is taking the role of Michonne, I may add her later because I do like her character