Chapter 23

I woke up to the sound of a car engine. I quickly stumbled out of my bed and over to the window. The Governor was getting into a car and leaving. But why at this time? It was still dark, it couldn't even be 5am yet.

I pulled on my clothes and decided now would be the perfect time to have a look around. I quietly crept downstairs and outside. I stayed to the shadows so none of his little guards would see me.

I had noticed there was this one house he was always entering and leaving. I knew he tried to do it stealthily but I always spotted him.

I came up to the door and was surprised when the handle turned and it opened. I looked around quickly before venturing inside.

It was like a little office, I noticed my weapons sitting on a table, and just took my knife and my hand gun.

I continued looking around when I heard the gates opening and the car coming to a stop outside the building. I began to panic, I couldn't leave through the front door or I'd surely be spotted, I looked around desperately and decided to hide under the table. I just hid as The Governor walked in through the front door. I crouched behind a chair, I could see him clearly. There was blood on his clothing, his face was set in a serious expression, not like the happy smiley guy he was around Andrea and I.

He locked the door behind him, my heart sunk, how would I get out now.

He walked over to the light switch on the other side of the wall, I braced for the lights to be switched on, but all I heard was little beeps.

I looked up and saw the last 3 didgits of the combination before the wall opened into a secret room. His body blocked the doorway, but as the door started closing I could just make out... fish tanks?

I waited for around 10 minutes until he came out again, the door shut behind him and he unlocked the front door, and locked it again as he left. I saw his figure walking past the window and back to wherever he was going.

When he was completely out of sight I crawled out from under the table and stood in front of the secret door.

I wracked my brains for the first 3 numbers, they were definitely on the left side.

I tried 1,4,7 and then the 3 numbers I saw which were 3,5,9.

To my surprise the door opened. I walked inside, the sight making me feel ill.

Tanks stacked on tanks filled with walker and human heads. I noticed the head of one of the men they saved from the helicopter crash.

I spun around quickly, but I noticed a little prison cell in the corner. Do I have time for this? I couldn't hear anything outside so I walked over.

There was a small body huddled at the back. It came closer as I walked forward.

"Hello?" I cautiously said to the being. It appeared from the shadows, I could see it was a little girl with a bag over her head and a chain round her neck.

"Oh my gosh. Come here." I said and opened the gate. The girl walked forward, I pulled the bag off her head, she was a walker. She snapped her teeth at me and charged but the chain held her back.

In blind panic I rammed my knife in her skull. Her body fell limp.

I breathed heavily and left the room. I climbed out of the window and ran back to my building. It was nearly dawn by now.

I ran to Andrea's room and shook her awake.

"Andrea. Andrea! We have to go!"

"What... why?" She asked in a daze.

"Because that man is crazy! He has heads in tanks!" I whispered and she sat up.

"What are you talking about." She yawned. I pinched my nose, becoming frustrated.

"I snuck into his office. There were like fish tanks with heads in. Please Andrea we should leave." I was begging her now.

"Why would you sneak into his private room. Thats such an invasion. I know you're just jealous because we get along well. If you want to leave then fine! Go but I'm not coming with you!" She yelled and lay back down. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Fine I will! Don't come running to me when you find out this man is a psycho!" I whisper yelled and went to find The Governor.

Fuck what if he knew I got into his office. He'd kill me and put my head in one of those jars.

I was walking around when I heard my name being called.

"Chey! Watchu' doin out this early?" Thank god it was only Merle.

"Listen, I want to leave, will you let me?" I asked praying he'd say yes.

"If you wanna die go for it." He chuckled and walked away. Really? Was it that easy?

"But I need my weapons." I ran up to him.

"Listen sweetheart, you either go now or don't go. I dont care." He said.

"I know where they are, can't you get them for me?" I begged. He scrunched his face up in frustration.

"If you know where they are get them yourself. I aint your bitch!" He said and walked away again.

I sighed, okay, we'll do this.

I ran back over to the office thing and noticed The Governor's car was gone again. I climbed in through the window and jumped down. I grabbed my weapons and climbed back through the window. I walked up to the gate, the woman was there from yesterday.

"Merle said I could leave." I said and she shrugged.

"Climb up then." I did as she said and soon I was running away from that awful place.

----

How was that? A little bit shorter but ah well, things should hopefully pick up from now