Part 55... Something far more better

So, it's been a ... while. And i'm sorry for that... I've had a lot going on, stuff has happened and yeah... But this is another chapter. No Ash in this chapter.. sorry... but you get to see the friendship Rhi and Brook has and Rhi also turns into a rebel :)

All i can do is apologise, but i do want to thank you guys for being there for me every step of the way. I love you guys, you've helped me so much.

xJustthebeginningx <3 

..................................................................................................

“He’s in a stable condition, the doctors are doing the best they can do for him… They say he should make it…” The words that Sam was saying didn’t seem to register, no matter how many times he said them. His end of the phone sounded disconnected and his signal didn’t seem too good. I leant my head against the window and tried to wipe away the tears that seemed to keep on falling.

“You know he’s going to be alright Rhi? He’s a fighter my brother, tough as a lion” Brook smiled looking at me. I tried to smile back but more tears ended up pouring down my face. I hung up on Sam then sat up and looked at Brook.

“You remember that time that time at summer camp when you fell out of the tree and hit your head?” I said looking at her concentrating on the road. A smile crept onto her lips as she turned a corner.

“Yes, I was out cold for a long time I seem to recall...” She laughed switching gears.

"If you count five minutes as a long time then… yes. Anyway, it’s like that right now. Those five minutes felt like hours and in my head I was panicking, thinking of the worst outcome. Except right now it’s serious… The outcomes I’m thinking about could happen…” I looked at the sign which read ’Main hospital – 35 miles’ then turned to Brook.

“Look, let me drive, you’ve been driving the whole way here” I said trying to change the gloomy subject that seemed to be hanging over our heads. She just shook her head and carried on looking at the roads.

“No Rhi, I’m fine” At that point she blinked and yawned. I looked at her smirking.

“Pull over” I demanded. She soon got the message and stopped at the side of the motorway. I hopped out of my side and quickly ran round to her side. I wiped the tears from my face and looked at myself in the mirror before opening the door and jumping in. I adjusted my seat and placed my hands on the steering wheel, it had been a while since I had driven. It felt good. I started the engine and carried on the direction we were headed. Luckily Sam was, for some reason, near Georgia so arrived there about half an hour after Ash arrived in the hospital. Apparently Ash’s car was now wrapped around a tree and was a mangled mess. I’m so lucky he survived.

“So I was watching this programme today and this guy was like…. He got eaten by a shark. I mean, do you even get sharks that kill? Because if you do, I’m never going in the sea again… I don’t want to get eaten by a shark...” I blocked out Brooks mumbling in the background and looked at the long road that lay ahead of me. The bright lights of small towns and areas hit my face occasionally. I turned on the radio to some pop station, leaving the fast or slow songs to keep me calm. I occasionally sang along with the songs.

“Hey, can we just pull in at this service station? I think I might pee in my Alexander McQueen pants if we don’t…” Brook looked worried so I pulled into the service station and stopped the car before leaping out and following after her. She tottered along in her heels, clutching onto her Gucci bag.

“When did you even get Alexander McQueen pants?” I asked looking at her pants, my eyes flicked to her bum and I immediately broke out laughing when I noticed a small wet patch. Brook turned round red faced then pulled off her shoes and legged it towards the building.

 I soon found myself washing my hands and peering at myself in the bathroom mirror. My face was a mess, I was a mess, but I didn’t care. I wasn’t trying to impress anyone. I pulled out a make-up wipe and took off all the mascara that was scattered all over my face. I applied some lip balm then stared at the bare girl that stood in front of me. I smiled appreciating the way I look naturally for once. Before exiting the bathroom I threw Brook a spare pair of knickers and left the bathroom laughing to myself.

“That will be $8 please” The cashier man said handing me my coffee and some random magazine I’d picked up for Brook. I handed him the right amount and started to walk out of the shop. Before exiting the shop I noticed something on the front of the paper which caught my eye. Two familiar people stood on the front and the heading read, in big bold letters ‘The Kay’s make it big’. It was my parents, stood in front of a large hotel, in Las Vegas. I started to read the article on the front.

'According to many rumours the Kay’s are making it big in Las Vegas. The rumours convey that they are planning to expand their one hotel into a chain of numerous 6 star hotels which will even be fit for the president once finished. If they succeed in this they could become billionaires in no time. The Kay’s have not been spotted with any children and it is rumoured that they are back in their hometown holding down the fort. The Kay’s seem to be living it up in Las Vegas and are heading towards a good, well paid retirement. We say, leave the kids at home to fend for themselves….’

I stopped reading and looked at the picture of them. They make me feel sick, the way they can do this. Leave their children and go and live it up in Las Vegas.

“Those b*tches” I whispered before walking back over to the cashier man. He looked up at me and smiled.

“What can I do for you… again?” I looked back at the papers then smiled at the cashier.

“I’ll take every single paper you own” I sweetly smiled looking at him. His face turned into shock and he immediately looked back at the newspaper rack.

“Even the boxes we have in the back?” He asked walking around the counter and coming to join me on the other side.

“All of them” I smirked imagining how good this was going to be in my head. He nodded his head and pointed for me to follow him. We entered a room full of boxes, which were the newspapers.

“I want anything that mentions the Kay’s in it…” I told him looking through boxes. He started carrying boxes outside and placing them at the side of the car. Brook looked up from her phone with a shocked and confused face. I just smiled then turned to the man.

“That’s all of them” He said while I handed him the money.

“Oh and I also need some matches…” He walked back inside then came back out carrying a small cardboard pack.

“These are on the house, seen as though you bought all my newspapers…” He smiled handing me the matches. I took them off him and smiled back before getting back in the car.

“What are you planning on doing? Setting your house on fire?!” Brook asked worried.

“Something far more better” I smiled laughing to myself.

..........................

Vote? Comment? Become a fan? xJustthebeginningx <3