My brothers best...part 7

Here is part 7...hope you like it :)

........................................................................................

"Hey, Rhi, can you hear me?" My eyes open and Ash is holding me in his arms. Waves crash around us as he holds me securely in his arms.

"Yes" I croak while Sam swims up to us. I notice a deep gash on his head and gasp.

 "Rhi, I thought you were gone. Thanks Ash" Sam comes over and smooth's my hair. I cough up loads of sea water and Ash rubs my back soothingly.

"She isn't fine yet... we need to get that gash and her foot looked at" Suddenly pain shoots through my foot and I scream in Ash's arms.

"It's going to be okay Rhi" Ash comforts me while he starts to walk towards the shore. A crowd is stood watching the scene and I noticed Brook with a concerned face. She runs up to us and Sam tells her what happened.

"Okay, let's take you to the shelter" Ash walks towards the white, wooden lifeguard shelter, swings the door open and lays me on the bed. I feel liquid dripping down my head and notice a red patch on the bed.

"Is she okay?" Brook shouts as she enters the room breathless. Trust Brook to be over dramatic.

"She needs some stitches and I think she's broken her foot" Ash comments while collecting things from different cupboards. He pulls a chair over to the bed and sits next to me. I watch his face as he concentrates in placing a bandage over the cut on my head.

"I could give you some stiches, but I'm sure you want to go to the hospital?" Ash asks while Brook has a shocked face.

"You are not giving my friend stitches; god knows what she will look like when you've put them in. Her head will look worse" She accuses him while taking my hand and smiling at me.

"Ash could you give Rhi the stitches? I mean I could...but it's my sister and I don't want to hurt her" Sam asks while barging through the door and sighing. Seriously this shelter could not fit anyone else in.

"Is Rhi okay?" Chase while running through the door. I feel like I'm in a soap opera or some kind of comedy show.

"God, it's like some kind of party in here" I sarcastically speak, Ash chuckles and Brook points an accusing finger at Chase.

"It's Chases fault, he made it into a party. Five people or more, and you have a party" Brook laughed.

"So to carry on before we were rudely interrupted Sam, I could but it's up to Rhi" Ash spoke seriously.

"I don't mind, I'm in safe hands. You better not wreck my head though, Ash" I joked as he started to pull out a needle.

"I'll try not to hurt you" Ash smiled while applying ointment to my head. It stung and tears filled my eyes but Brook was squeezing my hand, trying to comfort me.

"So, going to Jake's party tonight?" Sam asked trying to stop me thinking about it.

"Dunno, you?" Ash asked while pulling the first stitch through my cut.

"I think it should be good, Rhi?" Sam smiled at me.

"I...may...be" I managed to say through the pain.

"I'm sorry Rhi" Ash whispered, pulling a light towards my face. The pain hit me when the skin started to pull together. I screamed and Ash tried to comfort me by whispering in my ear.

"When it hurts squeeze my hand!" Brook commanded. I started to squeeze the life out of her hand and I could see Brook gritting her teeth.

"When did you train Ash?" Chase stood watching, mesmerised in Ash stitching my head up.

"About 4 months ago I did. Normally lifeguards over the age of 18 do first aid, but me and Sam did some experience at the hospital. So, our boss said we should train. Guess it came in handy." Ash's cold hands brushed my skin and the burning in my head calmed down.

"Nearly done Rhi" Ash announced while pulling another stitch through my head. The burning was worse than ever but Ash was comforting me with soft words.

"Done" Ash turned the light off and checked the stitches were right before searching through drawers. He came back with some dressings and placed them on my head.

"How many pain killers you usually have?" Ash asked while opening a cupboard.

"Two" Sam replied for me. Okay, Sam I can speak!

"Here" Ash walked over to me, placed the painkillers in my hand and handed me a glass of water. Chase came over and hugged me before leaving the shelter.

"How's the foot?" Ash asked inspecting it. The throbbing pain started again and I failed in bending it.

"To the hospital" Ash announced while picking me up. He carried me towards his car while Brook and Sam got in. Ash laid my head on Brooks lap so my legs stretched across the backseat. He wrapped a bandage around my foot and used the pillow Sam had brought to prop it on.

"Well this day was a fail" I sighed while Ash got in the car and started it.

"Always the ray of sunshine Rhi" Ash replied sarcastically, Sam and Brook laughed.

So much for getting over Ash...

...................................................................................

Okay, hope you like :)

What do you think of Ash?

Vote?

Comment?

Fan?

Butterfly224 <3