Part 57- First half.

The room was filled with beeps and weird noises as I entered it and stared at the sight before me. Ash lay on a bed looking crumpled and broken, he half smiled at me and motioned for me to go closer to him. I smiled back and sat on the chair next to his bed. He breathed slowly and coughed every so often, I tried to not look at his legs and kept my eyes on his face.

"The doctor says you're doing well" I smiled squeezing his hand. I didn't care that I was lying to my boyfriend, if it made him feel better and more determined to get better, then that's what I was going to do. Ash smiled back at me and motioned to the table beside him. I noticed a glass of water on the side and tried to hand it to him.

I decided against the whole idea so grabbed a straw from the side and fed it to him, well I guess you can't say fed, but it was basically the exact same thing.

Ash looked at me, affection showing in his eyes, I stroked his face and pressed my forehead to his. I didn't want to lose him, I couldn't. For a few minutes we both sat in silence, the only noise that filled the room was the constant noises of the machines that were helping Ash's body recover. My eyes always looking at the white bed sheets as millions of thoughts whirred round my mind.

Well, if Ash is paralysed then we can work it out. I mean, you see couples all the time and one of them is in a wheelchair. They seem to work it out, so we can. I mean, we'd have to spend some money on things to help him get around the house... I could get a job, forget university. Of course, Ash could go to university I'm sure, they must get many people in wheelchairs. Just because he may be in a wheelchair does not mean he can't be educated.

My thoughts were interrupted as a nurse walked into the room and checked the machines around Ash. She smiled sympathetically at me and then left again. Ash was sleeping peacefully so I decided to leave and get some fresh air, hospitals always made me feel ill. I closed the door quietly and walked down the corridor to the cafe.

There wasn't much choice of food so I grabbed a chocolate bar and looked at the coffee menu. A smiling young boy about my age asked what I wanted, I smiled back at him.

"Uhm, a vanilla latte, make it strong please" I said wiping my face with my hand and yawning loudly. The boy chuckled and looked at his watch before typing my order into a till.

"That'll be $3.00, what you doing here so late?" He asked as I searched for the money in my purse.

"My boyfriend was involved in an accident, you forgot this" I pushed the chocolate bar towards him and handed him the money, waiting for him to tell me the price of the chocolate. He frowned and pushed my money back towards me.

"Don't worry, this order is on the house" He smiled at me sympathetically, he gestured for me to sit at a seat and I waited impatiently for the coffee that would keep me going. He took off his apron and handed it to another boy before walking towards me with my coffee.

"Someone order an extra strong vanilla latte?" He smiled handing it to me. I thanked him as he sat down opposite me and drank a coffee that had magically somehow appeared in front of him.

"No problem, it's the least I can do" He shrugged watching me. I stirred my coffee slowly, wondering what he was doing.

"I don't need sympathy" I murmured looking at my coffee, I heard him chuckle and looked up to notice him smiling.

"I'm not being sympathetic, I'm being nice" I looked at him for a few meagre seconds then blinked and went back to paying more attention to my coffee.

"Listen, I'm not going to talk about why I'm here, and I don't need chatting up at this time of night. Just, leave me alone" I muttered standing up and swinging my bag onto my shoulder. He looked upset and hurt as I exited the hospital and sat on some grass outside. I didn't care that it was wet, I just had to get out of the hospital. Tears started to fall down my face as I realised the situation I was in.

It was real life, and I was staring it rid in the face as though it was just a bad dream. I got a grip on myself and told myself I had to be strong for Ash, he wouldn't want me crying. I also had to stop talking like he was dead, he wasn't, and wasn't going to go on my watch.

I threw the remains of my coffee into the bin and then plodded back to Ashs room, not caring that I looked a mess. The next couple of weeks were going to be hell.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I know, it's short, sorry, but I wrote this on my iPad sooooo, I just knew that you guys wanted a chapter so I HAD to write something. This is only one half of this chapter though, so I'll post the rest some other time. Going to be a bit of a while until we find out Ash's fate, but keeping on praying for him to be okay ;D

Just want to thank you guys for the amazing comments and support, I could not have started writing again without all the wonderful comments you guys write for me. Love you all, xJustthebeginningx